+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Booking Fee? - only twitterers can have a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Don't think so. Each turnstile has a person who scans the ticket but doesn't deal in cash. Seems a bit wasteful, they should do what the supermarkets do and operate a 'self-service' system where you present the barcode to a machine. All you need then is someone around in case of problems, and they could probably do 4 turnstiles each.
    Correct eLite Pie that is what is done here. Its a bit like super market self checkout in the staff saving way. Less people required then saves a few bob.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    I see Mr Elite having a good few moans on the second one. Odd, now there may be a 50p fee for a much improved system, the old one wasnt so bad after all.
    Which part of "we have an inefficient, slow, long-winded and annoying system" did you fail to understand?

Hahahaha - "here is your ticket Sir......but if you want it before kick-off, that'll be an extra 50p....or a pint of ale in Tarkersville"

Whatever happened to "pay for summat....and get what you asked for?"

The world has gone bonkers.....I am going to stop paying my women....until AFTER I have had major satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe we are 'capable' of using Twitter, but what about those of us who don't want to use Twitter? At the moment we are stuck with an inefficient, slow, long-winded and annoying system that does however allow us to buy and print a ticket at home at no extra cost if you can number patience and perseverance among your traits. Alan talks of a 'World class system' where the annoyance and inefficiency should be taken away, but we have to pay an extra 50p for the privilege. I can't say that a World class system is high on my list of demands as a fan of a League 2 club. Is it really too much to ask that he finds a fairly efficient service at no additional cost?
    We have a chairman who wants to engage with us. Twitter is accessible to all. If you only use it to communicate with AH then so be it. What else is he meant to do?

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    We have a chairman who wants to engage with us. Twitter is accessible to all. If you only use it to communicate with AH then so be it. What else is he meant to do?
    He has no idea who is voting and with whom he is engaging. It could be Tricky and his mates out to cause mischief and our far flung friends who never buy on-line or otherwise.

For a businessman with a business plan he doesn't half shoot from the hip. If I wanted a valid opinion I would actually ask those who are buying tickets, either over the phone, at the ticket office and if possible on-line making users pass through the question before moving on to the ticket site.

Bottom line is if you are not a season ticket holder and you go to 23 league games it will cost you an additional £11.50 spread over the course of the season.

Can you imagine the uproar if we had nothing to moan about. Not likely though is it!

Of course apart from the stadium improvements, the feel good factor, a great team, a great manager, play offs, great signingings for the upcoming season. What has Alan Hardy ever done for us!
    Last edited by magicianpie; 14-07-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post

Can you imagine the uproar if we had nothing to moan about. Not likely though is it!
    You're totally missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    You're totally missing the point
    Life’s to short to argue, you can please some of the people some of the time. As long as things improve I don’t really care if things change.

On the official Twitter feed AH says it may add a small booking fee to online and telephone bookings. This would be unlawful. If a booking fee is charged it has to be charged on all bookings. So in effect this means all ticket prices, both home and away, will rise by 50p. If the booking fee is charged per ticket then this will also have to apply to any 'free' tickets purchased.

Apparently WiFi now installed around the ground, phone app being launched, order drinks and food from your seat, hot dog sellers in the aisles, BigAl #1 foam fingers and clappers everywhere. . . football is coming home people!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast