+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Booking Fee? - only twitterers can have a vote.

Booking Fee? - only twitterers can have a vote.

AH is investigating a better on-line booking system - but some cost may be added to the ticket.

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    52m52 minutes ago

Currently in the middle of some interesting negotiations with a World Class ticketing system operator. I’m prepared to make a substantial investment into this. However, this would mean a small booking fee of say 50p per ticket for online/telephone purchases. Should we...

Keep the current system?
    Invest in a new system?

One day left to vote.

Don’t see the issue. We on here are using the net. That means we are capable of using Twitter. Most sites have a booking fee for tickets. If it’s 50p is that going to stop you going down the lane?

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    Don’t see the issue. We on here are using the net. That means we are capable of using Twitter.
    Maybe we are 'capable' of using Twitter, but what about those of us who don't want to use Twitter? At the moment we are stuck with an inefficient, slow, long-winded and annoying system that does however allow us to buy and print a ticket at home at no extra cost if you can number patience and perseverance among your traits. Alan talks of a 'World class system' where the annoyance and inefficiency should be taken away, but we have to pay an extra 50p for the privilege. I can't say that a World class system is high on my list of demands as a fan of a League 2 club. Is it really too much to ask that he finds a fairly efficient service at no additional cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe we are 'capable' of using Twitter, but what about those of us who don't want to use Twitter? At the moment we are stuck with an inefficient, slow, long-winded and annoying system that does however allow us to buy and print a ticket at home at no extra cost if you can number patience and perseverance among your traits. Alan talks of a 'World class system' where the annoyance and inefficiency should be taken away, but we have to pay an extra 50p for the privilege. I can't say that a World class system is high on my list of demands as a fan of a League 2 club. Is it really too much to ask that he finds a fairly efficient service at no additional cost?
    I have to agree, Twitter is the home of more obnoxious trolls , than the Hall of the Mountain King.
    I hate it .
    The present system is slow but it usually works. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I assume that the club has dispensed with the turnstile operators so the money they save on that, could subsidise the online ticketing.

I hate all this booking fee nonsense, just a scam, why can't they do e-tickets likes National Express do, just print them at home at no extra cost?

Do notts need a world class ticket system for 6000 fans

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I assume that the club has dispensed with the turnstile operators so the money they save on that, could subsidise the online ticketing.
    Don't think so. Each turnstile has a person who scans the ticket but doesn't deal in cash. Seems a bit wasteful, they should do what the supermarkets do and operate a 'self-service' system where you present the barcode to a machine. All you need then is someone around in case of problems, and they could probably do 4 turnstiles each.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    AH is investigating a better on-line booking system - but some cost may be added to the ticket.

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    52m52 minutes ago

Currently in the middle of some interesting negotiations with a World Class ticketing system operator. I’m prepared to make a substantial investment into this. However, this would mean a small booking fee of say 50p per ticket for online/telephone purchases. Should we...

Keep the current system?
    Invest in a new system?

One day left to vote.
    As long as they keep the discount for buying before the day i don't see a problem.

Don't think so. Each turnstile has a person who scans the ticket but doesn't deal in cash. Seems a bit wasteful, they should do what the supermarkets do and operate a 'self-service' system where you present the barcode to a machine. All you need then is someone around in case of problems, and they could probably do 4 turnstiles each.
    Is this really the same forum that moaned so much about the ticketing system last season?

http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...=crewe+tickets

http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...light=crashing

I see Mr Elite having a good few moans on the second one. Odd, now there may be a 50p fee for a much improved system, the old one wasnt so bad after all.

Whodathunkit

76% 24% in favour of new system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast