+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Dunne be the one..?

Can Dunne be the one..?

Jimmy Dunne getting rave reviews, can he be the first one to break big?

Has scored in the friendly against Cork City.Ben Mee also playing.

First half
    Burnley: Heaton, Bardsley, Long, Mee, Ward, Lennon, O'Neill, Cork, McNeil, Wells, Wood

Second half
    Subs: Lindegaard, Mitchell, Taylor, Tarkowski, Vokes, Barnes, Hendrick, Westwood, Walters, Agyei, Dunne plus ONeill

1-0 win

Yes, Mike Garlick thinks Dunne can fill Ben Mee's boots.

At least he can score from corners unlike Mee and Tarkowski. Those two need special training to make maximum use of the limited amount of corners we get.

Where did you get that nugget from lancy? I hope it's SD who decides which players are good enough and not our Chairman...

Attachment 10308

Quote Originally Posted by lancyclaret View Post
    Yes, Mike Garlick thinks Dunne can fill Ben Mee's boots.

At least he can score from corners unlike Mee and Tarkowski. Those two need special training to make maximum use of the limited amount of corners we get.
    Sorry, just a bit of sarcasm. But I'm sure Mr Garlick would not be unhappy if the club spends as little as possible before the window slams shut.

Just my opinion. I am always thinking "What is Sean Dyche's tipping point?" (having to work with parsimonious, prudent or some would say tight-fisted employers).

But I'm sure Mr Garlick would not be unhappy if the club spends as little as possible before the window slams shut.

Just my opinion. I am always thinking "What is Sean Dyche's tipping point?" (having to work with parsimonious, prudent or some would say tight-fisted employers).
    Ahh a breath of fresh air with someone thinking the same as me

A relative who was a Burnley Director told me that Sean Dyche is the only manager that he has ever spoken to that understands the economics involved in the business of football. He thought that this was because his father and other members of his family had been well involved in business management and it was something in which he was interested.
    This doesn't mean that we will keep him for ever, because such a knowledgeable person will know when the right offer comes along, however, he is here doing his job at the moment and knows the score.
    It is not dissimilar to the situation at Watford before they were taken over and we all know what happened to him then ---thank goodness for us!

Sorry, just a bit of sarcasm. But I'm sure Mr Garlick would not be unhappy if the club spends as little as possible before the window slams shut.

And yet from various F2F meetings I have had, that is now how it seems to work!

SD seems to be genuinely content to work within agreed parameters and it has been suggested he takes that to the nth degree.

There is no sense whatsoever in smashing our wage structure to bits and Dawson in any event is not worth £20 million and £75k a week.

It was my own clear understanding that Joe Bryan was a done deal (I could never understand that one either!) and Jay Rod is Turf Moor bound.

I suppose the absolute truth is there really is only Sean Dyche knows truly what is going on and he just does not tell until it's done!

The Clarets PR machine could do with a bit of oil and grease though methinks!

"........I suppose the absolute truth is there really is only Sean Dyche knows truly what is going on and he just does not tell until it's done!........"

Proper ethics of business which, as I have already said, is ingrained into SD. Keep things as close to the chest as possible, which is not easy at all in football, and come out in triumph when the deal is done. SD repeats many times that deals may be close, however, he believes nothing until the contract is signed. Very sound indeed and not common at all in footballing circles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)