+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Become a Queens player

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    You really are a first class **** Albertz. Can’t you just congratulate the club for doing something different and help support it instead of putting it down ?
    I do congratulate the club for trying something different...

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Was it a money maker though ? Do you have the figures handy ?
    Not particularly....I'm sure that the play for your club happened on two occasions.

I think this is a fantastic idea but the play for the club I feel was a brilliant occasion and something that I will keeping harping on about. Oddly we haven't had one since we installed the plastic pitch which would be perfect for this sort of thing considering maintenance to the pitch.

The details for the costs of the play for your club will be in the finances for the AGM of those two years.

let’s not get carried away here and concentrate on the brilliant Become a Queens player idea instead. We bought 3 tickets yesterday at Palmerston.
    Fingers crossed

Agreed but for the sake of discussions in the past where we have discussed how the club could better engage the public, it would be interesting to know the reasons why play for your club was pulled.

Interestingly do the high school football teams have a league or cup in the Dumfries and Galloway area. I wondered if Palmerston could be the venue for the final unless it is already is.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    Agreed but for the sake of discussions in the past where we have discussed how the club could better engage the public, it would be interesting to know the reasons why play for your club was pulled.

Interestingly do the high school football teams have a league or cup in the Dumfries and Galloway area. I wondered if Palmerston could be the venue for the final unless it is already is.

You’ll never know the answer to that as it was Jim & Victoria who stopped it

Great idea - given the cost of replica shirts these days it's worth a punt purely for the top alone.

Would echo the comments re bringing back Play For Your Club. I think it ran for 3 consecutive years then it was stopped. Would be interesting to see figures when it comes to funds made through it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)