Thread: Become a Queens player

Become a Queens player

Great idea. Full details below

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4059

that a great wee idea and a brilliant prize

I'd much rather have the play for your club back....

You always get one that ain't happy

Quote Originally Posted by Doontheroad View Post
    You always get one that ain't happy
    Well it is a far better event and money maker....

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post

You really are a first class **** Albertz. Canít you just congratulate the club for doing something different and help support it instead of putting it down ?

it is a great idea but i also think the play for your club was a great idea why dont we do the play for your club anymore

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    it is a great idea but i also think the play for your club was a great idea why dont we do the play for your club anymore

This was discussed at the centenary meeting a couple of months ago and might well happen again. It has in the past taken place at the end of the season and not the start. It will also take quite a bit of organising if it was to happen.

In the meantime letís support the Become a Player idea if you can

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post

If I remember correctly it was dropped for some reason by the former commercial team

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post

Was it a money maker though ? Do you have the figures handy ?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    You really are a first class **** Albertz. Can’t you just congratulate the club for doing something different and help support it instead of putting it down ?
    I do congratulate the club for trying something different...

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Was it a money maker though ? Do you have the figures handy ?
    Not particularly....I'm sure that the play for your club happened on two occasions.

I think this is a fantastic idea but the play for the club I feel was a brilliant occasion and something that I will keeping harping on about. Oddly we haven't had one since we installed the plastic pitch which would be perfect for this sort of thing considering maintenance to the pitch.

The details for the costs of the play for your club will be in the finances for the AGM of those two years.

let’s not get carried away here and concentrate on the brilliant Become a Queens player idea instead. We bought 3 tickets yesterday at Palmerston.
    Fingers crossed

Agreed but for the sake of discussions in the past where we have discussed how the club could better engage the public, it would be interesting to know the reasons why play for your club was pulled.

Interestingly do the high school football teams have a league or cup in the Dumfries and Galloway area. I wondered if Palmerston could be the venue for the final unless it is already is.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    Agreed but for the sake of discussions in the past where we have discussed how the club could better engage the public, it would be interesting to know the reasons why play for your club was pulled.

Interestingly do the high school football teams have a league or cup in the Dumfries and Galloway area. I wondered if Palmerston could be the venue for the final unless it is already is.

Youíll never know the answer to that as it was Jim & Victoria who stopped it

Great idea - given the cost of replica shirts these days it's worth a punt purely for the top alone.

Would echo the comments re bringing back Play For Your Club. I think it ran for 3 consecutive years then it was stopped. Would be interesting to see figures when it comes to funds made through it.