+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: England v Belgium

Work in progress. Just as Warne was last November

Which will last the longest?

Warne or Southgate?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    How predictable Patsy. Typical comments from an armchair expert.

If I may compare the Millers to the current England setup.

Paul Warne took the Millers down last season. Therefore he must be a poor manager. Many were saying, and I've no doubt that you were one of the dissenters, sack him...not a manager...he's a fitness coach, and all the usual cliches that are trotted out by the armchair incumbents such as yourself.

Fast forward six months to January and the naysayers began to go quiet. Some were hating it, the ones that it more important to be right rather than the Millers be successful.

Would you agree that there is a new regime and philosophy that is capable of breeding success?

Back to England. They don't play 46 games per season so naturally changes take more time.

I have mentioned the St Georges project before. It opened in 2014, and since then England are currently the world under 17 champions, world under 20 champions and Euro under 19 Champions, and have reached the semi final of a World Cup. Forget the Iceland result. That was under Hodgson, who wasn't part of the project. Southgate is.

Even you have to admit the 2018 was better than 2014. A draw against Costa Rica.

St Georges is based on the German model of having a central location to get all the age groups together in one place. Alexander-Arnold and Loftus-Cheek are the first two successes of many more to come.

Euro 2020 is the time. It's being played across Europe, but Englands group games, the semi final and final will be played at Wembley. it's virtually a home tournament.

Feel free to come back to me in two years time and tell me that I was talking b******x
    I don't need to wait two years to tell you you are talking horsesh1t. You are quite right to point out that England have been very successful at youth levels and I do hope that eventually that will produce better results at a higher level. The problem with it is and this has been pointed out by many respected past England players, how many of the successful youngsters will get the week in, week out opportunities to play in the Premiership, something essential if they are to develop into full internationals. Also to compare what has happened at the Millers to what is happening at national level is ludicrous oversimplification. And for your information although you are clearly a self appointed "expert" who knows it all, I challenge you to point to any of my posts since Warne was appointed in which I denigrate him as "simply a coach". I don't know what your qualifications are to appoint yourself as sole authority on football matters on this site, but I do recognise a bully when I see one, who dismisses any opinion other than your own as coming from an armchair critic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234