+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England suffer 3rd place play-off heartache

England suffer 3rd place play-off heartache

This game really counts for nothing, but should we win and go for a victory it would prove so much how much the team want it. I will not be judging this team either way, but it would nice for once leaving a World Cup on a positive note. Something about the Beligians I'm not a fan of (bar Lukaku). I hope we go for it.

I'd expect Gareth WestCoat to play the Squad players who didn't make appearances (?)

Arise Sir Gareth for finishing 4th

Lol

Southgates Guinness book of excuses we lost to a very good Belgium side who had an extra days rest over us + it was very hot out their + we were carrying a few injuries, think Danny Rose has been having lessons off Nyom for the Belgium goal ! Off to watch the cricket ,

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Arise Sir Gareth for finishing 4th

The reality is England won matches against teams with very little quality. We lost three matches to teams with quality ie Croatia and Belgium.

Have we done well - yes! Have England improved - not really as the three losses speak volume against quality opposition!

Had we played Spain, Portugal, Germany or Brazil then chances are we would have also lost!

England surpassed expectations and i for one will never take my waist coat off, despite how hot it is.

Agree with Al, against quality sides we were exposed.

Don't subscribe to this new fearless, passing England.

Except under taylor and under keegan to an extent, England have always tried to pass the ball under hoddle, venables, sven and capello, until they are losing when invariably lump it up to try and snatch something.

Unlike some have advocated we haven't created loads of chances (Panama apart).

We don't have a gazza in mf and we don't have out and out pacy wingers who chip in with goals.

Ffs, sicknote chadli scored more than sterling.

But, there are high hopes phil foden at man city could be the answer, maybe even d ick head jack grealish.

But, at least we have learnt from this wc kane (nor lukaku for that matter) are not world class, yet.

Kane was talked of as a 200m real madrid signing last week, as a replacement for ronaldo.

Don't make me laugh, he is nowhere near that level.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    England surpassed expectations and i for one will never take my waist coat off, despite how hot it is.

Agree with Al, against quality sides we were exposed.

Don't subscribe to this new fearless, passing England.

Except under taylor and under keegan to an extent, England have always tried to pass the ball under hoddle, venables, sven and capello, until they are losing when invariably lump it up to try and snatch something.

Unlike some have advocated we haven't created loads of chances (Panama apart).

We don't have a gazza in mf and we don't have out and out pacy wingers who chip in with goals.

Ffs, sicknote chadli scored more than sterling.

But, there are high hopes phil foden at man city could be the answer, maybe even d ick head jack grealish.

But, at least we have learnt from this wc kane (nor lukaku for that matter) are not world class, yet.

Kane was talked of as a 200m real madrid signing last week, as a replacement for ronaldo.

Don't make me laugh, he is nowhere near that level.

Kane is decent but to call him world class is laughable. Hazard and Modric as examples, are what I would call world class and Kane could not lace up their boots! Kane should have been subbed at half time against Croatia as he looked like a truck that ran out of diesel!

Had we beaten Belgium today, a point may have been proved in terms of a step forward. The fact is Belgium beat us twice! Panama and Tunisia are probably no better than our League 1 sides.

Again we were not disgraced but lets have some reality! Dele Ali was a better version of Livermore, and we know about our Jake.

Chadli must be thinking after today's injury - I am going no where with my whopping wage in the comfy West Brom treatment room! Makes you sick!

This World Cup was never the plan. Southgate was always aiming to be ready for the next one and he seems to have started putting it in place alright

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Johnson View Post
    This World Cup was never the plan. Southgate was always aiming to be ready for the next one and he seems to have started putting it in place alright

Is the sun getting to you Robert or is Mrs Carolgees giving you hoovering and ironing to do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)