+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    and so it begins,toys outta pram turn on the club and manager. ya like big phuckin kids. grow up ffs

Who's turning on the manager ?
    I didn't even turn on Adkins

I've long since realised that this club is unmanageable.

A fan like Wilder and Warnock will get the best out of players for a short period of time, but when it comes to real improvement nothing ever happens.

I just hope that when Wilder gets out at some point this season, he does so with his reputation intact so that he can continue his profession with another club

I'm not turning on the manager either but we all have to be realistic and appreciate that no one is untouchable.

If we get to a stage where Wilder's principles or unwillingness to compromise (e.g. in terms of British only players or paying wages that are below the going rate) are detrimental to the club then criticism will be justified, regardless of what he's achieved before. You're only as good as your last result.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    A fan like Wilder and Warnock will get the best out of players for a short period of time, but when it comes to real improvement nothing ever happens.
    Perpetually f**cked

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I'm not turning on the manager either but we all have to be realistic and appreciate that no one is untouchable.

If we get to a stage where Wilder's principles or unwillingness to compromise (e.g. in terms of British only players or paying wages that are below the going rate) are detrimental to the club then criticism will be justified, regardless of what he's achieved before. You're only as good as your last result.
    I also have concerns about his principles with wages and how it could hold us back.

I fully expect him to refuse to pay his first choice targets what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    I also have concerns about his principles with wages and how it could hold us back.

I fully expect him to refuse to pay his first choice targets what they want.
    I fully expect him not to be in the position to pay his first choice targets what they want even if he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Anybody who has a go at a Wilder under the current circumstances is stupid. Right now he’s our only hope. I know what you mean about some of the idiots on Twitter Twirls, they’re balmy, and I hope your contact’s info comes good, but as it stands with 3 weeks to go to the season, it seem to me that we’re treading the same old line that’s screwed us before...

Sell a young star/good player.
    Be then linked with quality players or replacements.
    Sign 3rd or 4th choice cheaper players just before the season starts or before the deadline meaning they’ve had little time with us to settle.

I hate being negative pal, but I wouldn’t trust our owners as far as I could throw them, and apart from your odd posts of hope I’ve seen nothing to change that view in years. I really hope that you’re right back at me with ‘I told ya so! ‘ UTB
    a know where ya coming from pal,and if wa any other manager in charge id be saying the same. but its wilder and believe it or not hes totally and utterly in charge of signings, hes been given his budget he can spend every penny on one player or buy 3 0r 4 upto him, but i can 100% assure you hes almost there in bringing some quality in . just hang on alittle while more.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Who's turning on the manager ?
    I didn't even turn on Adkins

I've long since realised that this club is unmanageable.

I just hope that when Wilder gets out at some point this season, he does so with his reputation intact so that he can continue his profession with another club
    did someone say youd turned on the manager. my reply was to the title post.

im gonna bring this thread up when we,ve signed the top end champioship quality, and ask ya about wilders principles again,ye hath litle faith in our manager. he signed his new contract on the proviso he was funded for the players he needs to take us up. why question his principles. especially with the crooked agents in todays game. agents that agree to wages then hours before players are gonna sign they up what there asking for. what do ya want him to do blow his load on a player then the player turns out to play like an ashtray. ie leonard n holmes. .

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    im gonna bring this thread up when we,ve signed the top end champioship quality, and ask ya about wilders principles again,ye hath litle faith in our manager. he signed his new contract on the proviso he was funded for the players he needs to take us up. why question his principles. especially with the crooked agents in todays game. agents that agree to wages then hours before players are gonna sign they up what there asking for. what do ya want him to do blow his load on a player then the player turns out to play like an ashtray. ie leonard n holmes. .
    No need to be so defensive, mate.

If - and I stress it's an 'if' - it becomes apparent that Tufty's principles are holding us back, then questions have to be asked, especially in light of what you've said about him being in sole and total charge of how his war chest is spent.

The market rate is the market rate when it comes to transfer fees and wages. If he doesn't think a player's worth it, that's up to him, but if I suddenly started refusing to pay the going rate for graphic designers or copywriters or other creative professionals in my job and the output suffered as a result, I'd quite rightly have to face questions about why I was pursuing that path.

And can people please stop ****ing banging on about the risk. Yes, we get it. Of course there's a risk we'll spend money and the player will turn out to be ****. That's a problem we share with the rest of the footballing world and the fear of failure cannot be allowed to paralyse us into inaction nor used as an excuse for doing nothing.

People are just getting a bit jumpy Twirlo. We all want good things for our club, but good things are pretty few and far between for us over the years. So when nowt seems to be happening, and we've got the complications in the ownership on top, its understandable that tempers are getting a bit short and patience is at a premium.

A few good players coming in and everyone will settle down, unless they don't come, and then we will try to apportion blame based on our entrenched views..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast