+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Getting pathetic

So the Nixon News today is that us and Blackburn want Gallagher but the 24k p/w (!) wages are making it difficult even to loan him.

Seriously, why the f**ck did Southampton feel the need to pay a reserve player like Gallagher 24k p/w?

Completely over the top and unnecessary, and all it does is make it harder to loan him out, or sell him for that matter.

Financial based reluctance to loan a player out does not serve his development well at all.

So in summary, it's not beneficial to Southampton in any way and it's detrimental to the player's development.

These stupid clubs either need to bite the bullet and accept they'll have to subsidise the loan, or even better, not pay stupid wages in the first place.

The bottom line is herb the people who broker these deals aren't bothered about the player or his development it's all about now and what they can get for him now and if he falls away there'll be another waiting to take his place. This is as much a problem for the national team as owt else players aren't allowed to develop properly,agants should have been regulated when they 1st came on the scene but the authorities buried their head in the sand and now they can't reverse what's already happening, I don't see an end to this players have to be mentally tougher but they're only kids and are easy to manipulate

We should end our interest in Gallagher straightaway if that figure of 24k a week is anywhere near the truth, I don't think he is worth a quarter of that wage.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    So the Nixon News today is that us and Blackburn want Gallagher but the 24k p/w (!) wages are making it difficult even to loan him.

Seriously, why the f**ck did Southampton feel the need to pay a reserve player like Gallagher 24k p/w?

Completely over the top and unnecessary, and all it does is make it harder to loan him out, or sell him for that matter.

Financial based reluctance to loan a player out does not serve his development well at all.

So in summary, it's not beneficial to Southampton in any way and it's detrimental to the player's development.

These stupid clubs either need to bite the bullet and accept they'll have to subsidise the loan, or even better, not pay stupid wages in the first place.
    Agree with all that Herb, but we have to accept reality, which is that that is the way things are in the PL. A lot of them are paying “development” players well over £20,000 per week, which does not help their development at all. So, if we want “PL” players, that is the market we have to deal in.
    If we are to believe what it says in The Sun on Sunday (a paper with a less than 100% record on accurate reporting) it will come down as to which club is willing to contribute most towards his wages or (perhaps) which club Southampton think will most aid his development.
    I rather think it is more likely to be the former.

Personally, and I accept it is frustrating at times, I am all in favour of “the Wilder way” of doing things. When you look at what a lot of Championship clubs have spent without success, and what they are spending now (and they can’t all go up), I think we will do very well to finish top half this season, but as long as we are competetive, I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Agree 100% if the figure is true but it is Nixon who gets more wrong than right. Why are we pursuing Gallagher at 24k a week when we decided not to go for Blackman at 22k a week. Just doesn't make sense.
    Basically he wasn't as struck on Blackman as some of the fans were and thought he could get as good or better for a lot less which he has done,and although I believe keepers are as important as strikers the market says different strikers are always the most expensive part of the team

good point that last one bulmer you do have to pay more for goalscorers for what its worth i think gallagher would do very well in our set up but i doubt chris will pay more than 15k a week for him if he doesnt want to sign for us on our terms we move on to the next target

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Agree 100% if the figure is true but it is Nixon who gets more wrong than right. Why are we pursuing Gallagher at 24k a week when we decided not to go for Blackman at 22k a week. Just doesn't make sense.
    The article also said that both Blackburn and ourselves would struggle to pay his wage, so Saints would have to subsidise part of it

if thats the case surely we can get him if we lose out to a club just promoted from league 1 its time to pack in

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    a know where ya coming from pal,and if wa any other manager in charge id be saying the same. but its wilder and believe it or not hes totally and utterly in charge of signings, hes been given his budget he can spend every penny on one player or buy 3 0r 4 upto him, but i can 100% assure you hes almost there in bringing some quality in . just hang on alittle while more.

That's the problem
    The board also believe in Wilder, they believe that his Bladeybladeness will help us survive because they are a backward pair of c@nts

I can honestly see the nightmare scenario happening this year when the club kill Wilder's enthusiasm and he leaves as soon as a decent job comes up

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I can honestly see the nightmare scenario happening this year when the club kill Wilder's enthusiasm and he leaves as soon as a decent job comes up
    It won't be long till that happens.

We'll lose Wilder, plummet to L1 and become a yoyo club if we're lucky. But we'll still have a club to support so it doesn't matter really.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast