+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting pathetic

Agents are a very sad reality in football. Pay what they want or miss out. It's shocking that it's got like this. It leaves a very sour taste and puts me off the whole thing to be honest. I bet many involved in the game are exactly the same. Including Wilder.

When we miss out on players, I wish it could be a consolation to not be lining the agents' pockets but unfortunately some other f**cker will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    No need to be so defensive, mate.

If - and I stress it's an 'if' - it becomes apparent that Tufty's principles are holding us back, then questions have to be asked, especially in light of what you've said about him being in sole and total charge of how his war chest is spent.

The market rate is the market rate when it comes to transfer fees and wages. If he doesn't think a player's worth it, that's up to him, but if I suddenly started refusing to pay the going rate for graphic designers or copywriters or other creative professionals in my job and the output suffered as a result, I'd quite rightly have to face questions about why I was pursuing that path.

And can people please stop ****ing banging on about the risk. Yes, we get it. Of course there's a risk we'll spend money and the player will turn out to be ****. That's a problem we share with the rest of the footballing world and the fear of failure cannot be allowed to paralyse us into inaction nor used as an excuse for doing nothing.
    he is willing to pay the going rate,its when they come back with a 5 grand a week rise just before we sign the player. what would you do in your drawing business if one of ya drawers came back into your office after agreeing a pay rise and said reight then boss i want another 200 a week on top of the 800 ya just offered you,d probably sling him or her outta the winda. thats what hes dealing with especially after the brookes sale.
    Last edited by Twirlo70; 14-07-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    People are just getting a bit jumpy Twirlo. We all want good things for our club, but good things are pretty few and far between for us over the years. So when nowt seems to be happening, and we've got the complications in the ownership on top, its understandable that tempers are getting a bit short and patience is at a premium.

A few good players coming in and everyone will settle down, unless they don't come, and then we will try to apportion blame based on our entrenched views..
    i,ll be the first to flip mi lid if the players dont materialise pal. but when ya hear straight from the horses mouth ya kinda get sucked in and believe if it wa macabe saying it id say yeah right but it isnt its wilder an hes a very very honest truthful man especially all things united. the players are coming trust mi or should i say trust him wilder.

yeah your right twirlo think chris is probably happy to pay bigger salaries for higher quality players but these agents really take the p**ss the brooks sale and the money we will receive for him hasnt done us any favours im afraid but i trust chris and so should everybody after what hes achieved here in the last 2 seasons lets all just have a bit of patience utb ftp

3 weeks to go - everybody's getting twitchy. This time last year our signings had already been made. Its a waiting game and we just have to accept that....unless we want to pay over the odds.

There's loads of business still to be done - not just by us - but the World Cup tends to put a halt to everything.

Coutts back, Freeman back..............Henderson in...........just a couple more and we'll have a great squad.

Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    i,ll be the first to flip mi lid if the players dont materialise pal. but when ya hear straight from the horses mouth ya kinda get sucked in and believe if it wa macabe saying it id say yeah right but it isnt its wilder an hes a very very honest truthful man especially all things united. the players are coming trust mi or should i say trust him wilder.
    I do trust Wilder, but it would be nice to get excited about the new players coming in, not worried that its somehow all going wrong. We're all the same, really...

Name:  CHRIS WILDER LOVIN IT.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  16.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    read the header post.
    I must admit Twirls i thought the OP was posted tongue in Cheek when i first read it,like my post(12) was. Tufty has my full confidence but it seems if you dunt slam the club wi nearly every post ya do on here,you're opinion dunt count for as much cos you're just a Clapper,hey ho tho, it keeps the forum goin folk have differin views dunt it? Keep the info comin when ya can fella.UTCB

Can't see the point of gettin in a flap until we start the season and see what we have yes it would be nice to get the players in early but the World Cup puts a halt on many deals and when the top end starts moving then so everything lower down will too. Patience is not somat footy fans seem to be blessed with nowadays

Without the info from Twirlo this board would be in meltdown and yet some still seem to not want to hear any good news. It is always easier to complain and be negative. I agree that the World Cup has been a major distraction and that deals will start to happen now. Until the window is shut I remain confident that CW will do the best he can, hopefully next week will see some action.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast