+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot The Trumpian Visit.

Ot The Trumpian Visit.

It's pretty cringe worthy looking at Theresa May. How in the hell do you keep quiet when you guest shows no manners. Would Maggie whatever her faults may be put up with this kind behaviour?

Why do western leaders still try and mollycoddle Trump?
    Forget about descending to his level. He takes it as a right to insult and talk rubbish. You don't give in to this kind of person especially when he's in a position of strength. He's not President of Zimbabwe.

You tell him back off. When he bluffs with fake news you point it out that he's the one telling it. Why have a special relationship if it's a subservient one?
    Donald Tusk put it succinctly, you're the one that needs allies more than us.

Anyway that said I'm far from impressed with all these protests. Where were they when Mugabe, Xi and some other despots came?
    And the fact remains, despite him being a prat, you should always invite the American President. As a mark of respect for the office, the people who voted for him and for the country itself.

Finally, of course he wants Boris to be PM. He'll roll him over and over and the stupid buffoon will keep coming back to him like a mangy dog looking for scraps.
    As bad as May is, Boris will take to another even lower level.

IMO his protocol gaffs were no accident. Not with Mayhem and not with the Queen. Fart feels above everyone so protocol doesn't apply to him.

This was a personal choice by him to try and make a point. He did, the man is as big a narcissist as you will ever see.

Super callous fragile racist ***ist nazi POTUS...............

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    IMO his protocol gaffs were no accident. Not with Mayhem and not with the Queen. Fart feels above everyone so protocol doesn't apply to him.

This was a personal choice by him to try and make a point. He did, the man is as big a narcissist as you will ever see.

Super callous fragile racist ***ist nazi POTUS...............
    There was a huge protest against Xi, two things set it apart from the Trump protests, 1. It was given maybe a hundredth the coverage on the TV news channels , 2. The Chinese govt (or embassy) ran an effective disruption campaign some of which legal some of which questionable, all turned a blind eye to by the Rozzers. Some of my then colleagues were given paid leave to join the disruption campaign

Looks like I'm the only one on here who likes the bloke. He's working wonders in America but we'll be getting all of the experts telling us different!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Looks like I'm the only one on here who likes the bloke. He's working wonders in America but we'll be getting all of the experts telling us different!
    Why am I not surprised?
    Having been in the U.S. for the last three weeks, MoP...I can assure you he’s not ‘working wonders’.
    He gets a little credit for an improved economy but largely they are just embarrassed by his attitude towards women, Putin, NATO, immigrants, Mexican children and his inability to tell the truth, especially over Korea.
    Yesterday I was talking to a previously unknown lady who asked where I was from. When I answered...’England’ she said, ‘Oh I see...I believe our President was over there in Windsor today.’
    Before I had chance to say anything further she added...’I’m so sorry...he’ll have left soon...we’re not all like that you know’.
    The Americans I have spoken to are embarrassed at being represented by a rude, racist, bigoted xenophobe and outraged by his attitude towards people they regard as ‘our Allies’. Indeed I have never known the U.S. so horribly divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I don’t ‘like’ him but from a distance he appears to doing some good in America (I’m a bit biased on this as my friends are from Trumps heartland areas) and for sure he’s ‘shaking things up’ in USA and worldwide, long overdue imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Why am I not surprised?
    Having been in the U.S. for the last three weeks, MoP...I can assure you he’s not ‘working wonders’.
    He gets a little credit for an improved economy but largely they are just embarrassed by his attitude towards women, Putin, NATO, immigrants, Mexican children and his inability to tell the truth, especially over Korea.
    Yesterday I was talking to a previously unknown lady who asked where I was from. When I answered...’England’ she said, ‘Oh I see...I believe our President was over there in Windsor today.’
    Before I had chance to say anything further she added...’I’m so sorry...he’ll have left soon...we’re not all like that you know’.
    The Americans I have spoken to are embarrassed at being represented by a rude, racist, bigoted xenophobe and outraged by his attitude towards people they regard as ‘our Allies’. Indeed I have never known the U.S. so horribly divided.
    Sorry mate but I ain't having that!
    I was in USA for 6 weeks, NJ, Washington, Virginia and Pennsylvania, and I wasn't getting that at all. Discussions on on Trump IMO were in favour, say at least 65%. Discussions on TV were more against him a bit like Brexit here. But all in all I was surprised how many were saying that he's doing a great job!
    Last edited by Manofpride; 14-07-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I don’t ‘like’ him but from a distance he appears to doing some good in America (I’m a bit biased on this as my friends are from Trumps heartland areas) and for sure he’s ‘shaking things up’ in USA and worldwide, long overdue imo.
    No problem with ‘shaking things up’ Andy, but a Trump style shake up is not what’s required. The man is a moral grotesque.

Nothing folk say in PA would surprise me MoP...it’s like Allenton, only bigger.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 14-07-2018 at 05:15 PM.

No problem with ‘shaking things up’ Andy, but a Trump style shake up is not what’s required. The man is a moral grotesque.

Serious question, what sort of shakeup do think IS required?

I'm beginning to see what kind of bloke you are now RA, What's wrong with Allenton, there are good and bad folk in every area and walks of life. we can't all be well off! (Unless we have a hard brexit) If Trump or Farage had come out with a comment like that you'd have been calling them rotten. Shame on you!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)