Thread: Happy Black Country day.

Happy Black Country day.

Gray pays and bacon bits for suppa. Might goo a bit continental and av it with french stick.

Yes, Happy Black Country Day Soulman!

Name:  IMG_3253.JPG
Views: 282
Size:  52.9 KB

Have to say that Black Country flag is a crap design

Yes happy Baggies day (have I got that right btw!!).
    Its Yorkshire day as well on Aug 1st, are we having another party on here for that ?.

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Have to say that Black Country flag is a crap design
    I think it would look better without the chains, less busy. It was a child who designed wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Gray pays and bacon bits for suppa. Might goo a bit continental and av it with french stick.
    how about a some curry sauce mixed in the gray pays bostin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Johnson View Post
    I think it would look better without the chains, less busy. It was a child who designed wasn't it?
    what you on about,chains made in the Black Country served the world ��.

I know, my grandad made em but I think the flag would look better without them done like that. Maybe done in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Johnson View Post
    I know what you mean it just doesnít look right , as itís been designed by a child in a competition

Oh hold on a minute

Not a criticism of the child, they've done an amazing job but not my cup of tea but then again I've never designed a flag so what would I know

I find places round the country having their own "day" rather silly.

Rather silly and rather pointless actually, long gone are the days when the locals had civic pride.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Rather silly and rather pointless actually, long gone are the days when the locals had civic pride.
    Where I live the locals have a tremendous amount of civic pride. At the last event in the village over 200 out of a pop. of 700 volunteered to help and raised £20k+ for the local hospital.There are a number of village events in the year and they are all well supported.

Is it the difference between town & country?

Me personally, born and bred in the Black Country I'm all for celebrating it. I've never found the need for a flag, nor have I ever felt the need to have a flag of St.George flying from my property but in these uncertain times people's identity is being eroded so is it any wonder people embrace it?

I don't need a flag or a day to remind me as it's in my DNA, I'm Black Country through and through but if someone produces a flag to enhance our identity even further I don't mind. I must admit I did initially wonder, do we really need a flag or a day? Why not though?
    There were all sorts of street shows and parties going on around the area yeasterday, nothing wrong with that is there?

It was all good positive stuff celebrating some of the old ways, I would have thought some of you old miserable buggers on here would have been all for that!

now where's me old tin hat!

Ee thee bist, all my older relatives spoke in this dialect, proper Black Country!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gp7IgW4UPJc

Ow bist ya?
    I was speaking to someone from Germany who understood the phrase.