+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blades Turn To Youngster In Striker Hunt

Blades Turn To Youngster In Striker Hunt

Sheffield United could raid fellow Championship rivals Nottingham Forest for their former Stoke City striker Ben Brereton. - External Link

Maybe mention where the rumour's come from in your article?

And you don't put 'former Stoke' if said player was only there as a kid.

Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Maybe mention where the rumour's come from in your article?

And you don't put 'former Stoke' if said player was only there as a kid.

Happy to help.

There's no particular rule on where you add 'former.' An example was with Ryan Flynn - the official site said he was formerly with Liverpool but he never played for the First Team. As for the source - this was from a rumour site. Not always correct but often pop up with correct transfers

What rumour site? Because without it it just looks like you're making it up.

And I didn't say it was a rule about former clubs. You seem to think it's a rule to mention former clubs every time. There's no reason at all to mention Stoke here.

Yeah, I'm sure Forest are going to get rid of one of their prized assets to a Championship rival.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure Forest are going to get rid of one of their prized assets to a Championship rival.
    Yes but when the big clubs come calling you can't stand in a players way.😀

the article is meaningless

"Sheffield United could raid fellow Championship rivals Nottingham Forest for their former Stoke City striker Ben Brereton."

It's like think of a player, any player and then say we might raid his parent club for said player

Unless there's some sort of story (source) leading up to why we might be after said player, the article as I say, is meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    the article is meaningless

"Sheffield United could raid fellow Championship rivals Nottingham Forest for their former Stoke City striker Ben Brereton."

It's like think of a player, any player and then say we might raid his parent club for said player

Unless there's some sort of story (source) leading up to why we might be after said player, the article as I say, is meaningless
    I don't recall which site I saw it on - it was last week and I've slept a few times since then. However I don't just 'make up' rumours just for the sake of writing a story. I will always have seen it somewhere if even on another message board etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    More than feasible this season as they are obviously giving the ball a kick this season and this lad is hardly goin to get a kick in their first team so a loan would help his development the higher the better they're probably thinking,having said all that I don't think there's owt in this story if we're goin to loan youngsters I'd expect them to come from the premier league

had a great game in the cup against arsenal caused em loads of problems and he would fit in with our wage structure could be the alternative if gallagher doesnt sign