+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Derby County (PSF)

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I think that most of us appreciate the gap between us & the TOP sides in the Championship TT but thankfully we will not be playing them when the season starts & pre season counts for nowt, good job because it was men v boys today.
    Can't say I agree with the first part of the assessment, you've drawn quite a few higher rated clubs in the League and beaten them. Some have been better teams than Derby too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Bit of difference than a pub side?
    This is why everyone loves it when yet again you mess up your feted promotion to the Premier League, can't wait for it to happen this season as per usual. Wonder if that'll be before or after your chairman gets banned or jailed. Couldn't happen to a nicer, sorry thicker set of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This is why everyone loves it when yet again you mess up your feted promotion to the Premier League, can't wait for it to happen this season as per usual. Wonder if that'll be before or after your chairman gets banned or jailed. Couldn't happen to a nicer, sorry thicker set of fans.
    Oh have a day off CF. It was said tongue in cheek. No one expected you to win that and it was just a friendly warm up anyway.
    Conversely, I could have twisted it to some of your crew here, getting carried away for winning 17-0 against a Sunday Pub side.

As for the chairman, your proof please?
    All I have seen, is an astute business man and the Greeks speak highly of him. You don't catch him on social media either, talking bollox, like AH.

It's still early pre season and the players are only just getting used to each other. I was quite impressed with some of the youngsters in the 2nd half though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oh have a day off CF. It was said tongue in cheek. No one expected you to win that and it was just a friendly warm up anyway.
    Conversely, I could have twisted it to some of your crew here, getting carried away for winning 17-0 against a Sunday Pub side.

As for the chairman, your proof please?
    All I have seen, is an astute business man and the Greeks speak highly of him. You don't catch him on social media either, talking bollox, like AH.
    You could have a day off our site and go talk to *** for ice cream if you like?

Funny Notts fans on a Notts site getting excited when we win, strange behaviour. I don't like you having a go from your ivory tower cause you've spent some money, big whoop. You say it's tounge in cheek but you love lording it over us, like you're special. It does my head in when people act smug and then say "I was only joking" nah you're a smug forest tw@t.

As for your owner, time will tell who is right in that instance. Anyway I shall take your advice and have a night off, if you ever want to as well please feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    It's still early pre season and the players are only just getting used to each other. I was quite impressed with some of the youngsters in the 2nd half though.
    I would cherish the memories because Nolan will not play them in a league game.. He is typical of todays managers and does not give the younger players a chance. It didnt do Tommy Johnson,Mark Draper, Pedro Richards or Dean Yates any harm putting them in the first team at that age. Still we have Jon Stead to rely on..What more could we ask..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would cherish the memories because Nolan will not play them in a league game.. He is typical of todays managers and does not give the younger players a chance. It didnt do Tommy Johnson,Mark Draper, Pedro Richards or Dean Yates any harm putting them in the first team at that age. Still we have Jon Stead to rely on..What more could we ask..
    If he plays the "first team" and they play like they did, he won't have a job!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    Can't say I agree with the first part of the assessment, you've drawn quite a few higher rated clubs in the League and beaten them. Some have been better teams than Derby too.
    Slightly different situation when you play a better team than you in a game that actually means something though, this game was a step above a training game, as evidenced by the drinks break the referee stopped the game for in the 25th minute... Derby played some nice football and at times we looked like we were trying to play the same kind of football but were just nowhere near as good as they were at doing it.

I thought David Vaughan looked awful, if he wasn't giving the ball away in a dangerous position he was fouling someone, not what i expected from him at all but I imagine (and hope) it will be different when he's up against lesser opposition in League 2. Husin came off the bench and did what I thought I'd see Vaughan do, keep the ball and possession with simple passes.

Remaye Campbell looked half decent, would be interesting to see what he could do up against League 2 defenders as he looked like he held his own at least, which is more than you could say for some of the stick thin youth team strikers that we've seen make cameo's in the past.

Well, even when you take the standard of the opposition into account, that first half was bloody awful. Defence all over the place, a midfield with no bite or creativity, and not a single attempt on goal. Derby would have had as much of a workout playing against traffic cones. Second half much more encouraging, the youngsters actually gave it a go and caused them a few problems.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    What a load of rubbish.i know it was only a practice game but We never got the basics right. We didn't start to play until he took donkey stead and Alessandra 0ff.
    Well that was truly awful and a waste of an afto.

Regardless of the standard of the oppo, we looked like a non-league team. Anddddd, I being generous.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast