+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Derby County (PSF)

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't see how you can write Stead off based on yesterday. He was up front on his own against two Championship centre backs. With the service he was given, what more did you expect him to do?
    Because Hemmings and Campbell had pretty much the same service and did a lot better? If we go into the first game with Stead in the first 11, we won't be going up

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Because Hemmings and Campbell had pretty much the same service and did a lot better? If we go into the first game with Stead in the first 11, we won't be going up
    We should have got rid of Stead at the end of last season. He was once a decent player, but not any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't see how you can write Stead off based on yesterday. He was up front on his own against two Championship centre backs. With the service he was given, what more did you expect him to do?
    He wasn't on his own. Alessandra was up there with him and had 2 or 3 decent chances because he got into the position to get them. Alessandra isn't the answer though so the sooner Dennis gets fit the better.

Stead will be the downfall of Nolan. He just cant resist the opportunity to play him.. Im sure AH didnt spend thousands of pounds on new strikers just watch the likes of Alessandra and Stead fall on their ar*e every week..

If we go into the first game with Stead in the first 11, we won't be going up
    That's a pretty bold statement. If Stead starts the first game of the season, you're writing us off!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    He wasn't on his own. Alessandra was up there with him and had 2 or 3 decent chances because he got into the position to get them. Alessandra isn't the answer though so the sooner Dennis gets fit the better.
    In the first half Stead was definitely up front on his own. Alessandra didn't seem to know what his role was, but he very rarely got forward. Second half Alessandra joined Stead up front and that's when we created a bit. I hope Hemmings and Dennis will be our strike partnership, but the way we played in the first half left Stead totally isolated up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement. If Stead starts the first game of the season, you're writing us off!
    Yes, it means he's still in Nolan's plans. Remaye Campbell put in a far more effective performance yesterday, he was mobile and actually won some headers

Yes, it means he's still in Nolan's plans. Remaye Campbell put in a far more effective performance yesterday, he was mobile and actually won some headers

This is like a Jon Stead appreciation site. I could imagin some on here queing for his autograph.. Oh for another Lee Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We should have got rid of Stead at the end of last season. He was once a decent player, but not any longer.
    I'll never fault Stead for effort, and he's had a good career, but I agree that whoever gave him a contract with a trigger for an automatic extension has done us a disservice. I would imagine he is still one of the better paid players at the club, and it is money that could have been far better spent. He's a back-up at best now, and yesterday's performance suggested he will struggle even to justify squad player status.

Yesterday we gave a championship side to much time,respect,and space.
    I don’t read to much into preseason games but as a manager I sure would of wanted and expected more from my team yesterday..
    We never got in Anybody’s face,nor put any half hearted tackles in..
    Yes I understand Nolan and co didnt want any injuries but until the late subs came on it was devoid of any new system and gutlesss.
    We made derby look like Barcelona.
    I have no doubt we have bought very well and happy with the signings notts have made.
    But where was the new system and shape.....??????????????
    Anyone????
    Hoof ball upto John stead whilst on the pitch..
    So I hope there is a plan “b”
    This is about opinions so I’m open to anybody’s thoughts

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast