+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone there......

Anyone there......

..at Barrow, I mean. If someone is there, could you give us a report. Let us know about any triallists and who's doing well. What approach have Barrow taken - any likely injuries to start the season?

Not there but, apart from Nicky Hunt, most of the triallists were for Barrow - including Lee Molyneux - once "the League 2 Gareth Bale" ...

And what kind of firm did we have out there?
    Was any attempt made at taking the home end?
    Pre-season is an important time to try out new formations and tactics,aswell as personnel off the field aswell as on it.

I'm only interested in football so I don't want to associate with that last post

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I'm only interested in football so I don't want to associate with that last post
    For those of us who grew up watching football in the 70's what was going on off the pitch was up there with what was going on on it.
    We are eeeeeeeeeeevil!!!

I also grew up watching football in the 70s (and the 60s) and have nothing but contempt for those half-brains who made life hell for those who like football. Many of them also had sympathies with nazi type organisations.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I also grew up watching football in the 70s (and the 60s) and have nothing but contempt for those half-brains who made life hell for those who like football. Many of them also had sympathies with nazi type organisations.
    Well said Gazan. I, for one, have no desire to return to those times when football was a hot bed of violence.

I assume the poster is trying to provoke. No-one surely wants a return to the violence associated with football in the 1970s.