+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Eng v Belg

Getting so far in this Tournament has not only papered over a lot of fundamental cracks within the English game..that go as deep as Grassroots and Academy’s. it’s also lumbered the national side with a limited manager for at least 2 years.

The only outcome worse..would have been making the final and having Sir Gareth hanging around forever.

Yeah so many fundamental cracks that various England age groups have won world, euro and Toulon tournaments in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    Getting so far in this Tournament has not only papered over a lot of fundamental cracks within the English game..that go as deep as Grassroots and Academy’s. it’s also lumbered the national side with a limited manager for at least 2 years.

The only outcome worse..would have been making the final and having Sir Gareth hanging around forever.
    Probably a worthwhile opinion if you had posted it on the 'Gareth Southgate' thread a few days ago. You didn't, which makes me think you are one of those posters with a degree in hindsight.

So if getting to the final would have been worse than getting to the semis, presumably winning it would have been an utter disaster..?

Didier Deschamps is being feted as a great manager despite being slagged off by the French media. Personality very similar to Southgate. I see no reason why Southgate can't make similar progress; he's not Roy Hodgson and he's committed to youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Probably a worthwhile opinion if you had posted it on the 'Gareth Southgate' thread a few days ago. You didn't, which makes me think you are one of those posters with a degree in hindsight.
    I must have missed that thread EP. My apologies though for not spending every minute of everyday on NCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yeah so many fundamental cracks that various England age groups have won world, euro and Toulon tournaments in the last couple of years.
    If it carries through to the seniors..I’ll hold my hands up. I’ll say it here and now it won’t happen so I won’t need to.

I must have missed that thread EP. My apologies though for not spending every minute of everyday on NCM.
    As a founder of this board with 48 years of posting on NCM, even before the internet, you're excused

No, you didn't miss the thread, in fact you actually posted on it (post #12).

It's just that you didn't say anything like you're saying now with the benefit of hindsight. We can all be wise after the event.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38223649

Hahaha busted

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast