+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Madden (cheating hvn bas) plus game thoughts

Bobby Madden (cheating hvn bas) plus game thoughts

Gifted the smokies a draw today, first penalty maybe the worst decision I've seen, second looked very soft), very odd from a neutral official

Glass most impressive today, match played like a friendly though which was annoying, a lot of work to be done for us to be anywhere near league challengers

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Gifted the smokies a draw today, first penalty maybe the worst decision I've seen, second looked very soft), very odd from a neutral official

Glass most impressive today, match played like a friendly though which was annoying, a lot of work to be done for us to be anywhere near league challengers
    A guy a hell of a lot older than i said to us, "that team will never win the league!" and the sad thing is, i think he may be proved right!

Didnt see anything wrong with the first penalty, and didnt even see why the second was given.

However, 1 up front again and nobody up when defending our corner! Rabbit spent more time first half between the 2 CBs than trying to push the team forward, but Declan Glass has some future ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    A guy a hell of a lot older than i said to us, "that team will never win the league!" and the sad thing is, i think he may be proved right!

Didnt see anything wrong with the first penalty, and didnt even see why the second was given.

However, 1 up front again and nobody up when defending our corner! Rabbit spent more time first half between the 2 CBs than trying to push the team forward, but Declan Glass has some future ahead of him.
    Far too early to predict how the season is going to end up

On plus side

Fyvie
    King (underrated)
    Curran
    Barton

To all come to come in and hopefully other signings, Glass looks a good prospect, like a new signing

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

Ha ha seriously, the first pen was a joke decision, not one person thought that was a penalty around us, typical Madden stuff

The manager is clueless, that is it!

King underrated. Wow.
    We are in the sh*t

I just hope it was 1 up front again because our other strikers were both injured. Canna stand this 1 up front pish

im just glad that although there were a few players who would be considered main starters there a few key players (plus hopefully a signing or two) would make the difference

booth and barton to come in the back
    fyvie to come back from injury in september will improve there
    curran and keatings plus king to be back in contention

so this team wasnt what id consider to be our best team going into the dunfermline game.

what i can say is that performance wasnt good enough. used as a glorified pre season friendly or not this was a good opportunity to lay down a marker. yes its the 1st competitive game and the priority is league but this could have set us up nicely for the season if we had a higher tempo to the game.

some good moments some dodgy moments too but pretty disappointed overall. paying (far too expensive) money to see a friendly isnt fair on the fans and those who went would have expected alot better!!

tells alot that Declan Glass looked the best player on the park! hope we get it sorted quickly

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ha ha seriously, the first pen was a joke decision, not one person thought that was a penalty around us, typical Madden stuff
    Sorry, badly written by me in that i didnt see anything wrong with the challenge. Certainly not a pen anyway!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)