+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Salford game today

Salford game today

First half bossed it second half bottled it and nearly lost it!

Avved mi teear.

Harder than a thought to park. Resident Permits on side rooads near grarnd so ed to walk a fair way past local park. Only one turnstile booth oppun wi two gates but just £3 in so no complaints. Sit anywhere-mixed fans. Plenty a Reds fans theear--ad se abart 400 to 500 well outnumbering ooam fans. New grarnd a lot smaller than a thought it wud be if they ev ambitions to climb higher.
    We sat nearish to aar dugart and not room fo all aar subs in it. Bradshaw wo sat next to Jackson and a few others in grey tracksuits some distance away from dugart. Bradshaw ed his legs splayed across the seats in front of him not looking too injured to me. He spent the entire match on his phone not looking at the game. His injury looked to be on the same level as McDonald's iron deficiency.
    Fryers was the holding centre midfielder--it dint work. As is the case wi friendlies it wo disjointed with a sprinkling of good moves. Hedges aar best laiker first heyf, took his goal well cutting back across the defender and curling a shot in. Scot Wiseman wo laikin fo them--ordinary. Pinnock did well. Lindsay took an early knock in a tackle, limped a bit, then went off. Davies came off and purra ice pack on. Fryers wo carried off on a stretcher. Walton looked confident.
    Second heyf, many changes, fairly even. Strong run by Mottley Henry saw Moncur hit pooast from his pass.
    Mowatt ez shed heyf his body weight, Thiam looked a bit trimmer as did Moncur. Fattest Arse of the Day Award went to Carvery.
    A dint notice any of this new style of gegenpressing. It dint look any different to me.
    Lots of Jews gooin to synagogues on way back ararnd Prestwich.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-07-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Resident permits only applicable from 1st August SB

Yep Fryers holding center midfield first half Pinnilos second half both failed, Pinnilos gave the ball away on many occasions, based on York game Mowatt the man to fill that holding role

TBH second half SB we were poor IMO out muscled / pressed by a smaller team even Wiseman looked good at times, after the York game the and first half very disappointing second half

My worry is that the way Salford played in the second half is like most teams will play against us in League 1

Glad I am a half glass full man......

I was sat in the stand opposite to you SB Fryers injury looked bad, close to where I was sitting and he shouted out in pain from the fair collision, referee spot on to stop the game immediately. Could be a bad one.

Enjoyed the day out, and I think it is a nice little ground with a good bar.
    I think Barnsley Chop has summed it up well. We are crying out for a ball winning midfield player to be signed, otherwise we could struggle. I thought Hedges did well, Pinnock was excellent. Ben Williams I thought was good at left back in the second half, and I think Victor Adebeoyo had a decent 90 minutes.
    Maybe the 3 injured players going off (Fryers looked serious) may help Stendel to convince the board to spend some money.

Thanks Nozzer

Yes Ben Williams looked OK at York too, so could claim the left back spot. Pinnock also stand out player second half at York. Victor A done well both games and in the heat good to see him last the full game.
    Holding midfield has to be Mowatt or Bird from current squad.

What wo't final scooar?

1-0 we should have had more first half - second half could have finished 3-1 to Salford, great save from Walton, cross bar and a bit of luck was with us

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    What wo't final scooar?
    1-0 to us , Ryan Hedges in the first half Pass .

Thank you to both Barnsley chop and Animal 👍

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast