+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fullbacks

Fullbacks

If we go into the new season with only Tootle and Jones as recognised fullbacks, we are in big trouble. Jones can't defend and was at fault for two goals today. And they both need somebody pushing them for a starting spot. The young LB Kennedy-Williams looks very lightweight and Osbourne is not a RB for love or money.

Also, as much as I like Stead as a person, if I have to watch another match with him up front with Alessandra, I won't be impressed. Disappointed to see the hoof ball tactic again today.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    If we go into the new season with only Tootle and Jones as recognised fullbacks, we are in big trouble. Jones can't defend and was at fault for two goals today. And they both need somebody pushing them for a starting spot. The young LB Kennedy-Williams looks very lightweight and Osbourne is not a RB for love or money.

Also, as much as I like Stead as a person, if I have to watch another match with him up front with Alessandra, I won't be impressed. Disappointed to see the hoof ball tactic again today.
    Given that Jones is also liable to get injured, we definitely need competition. That starting line up looked worrying with Stead and Alessandro up front. Also worrying for me is the state of the training pitch, which looks hard and dry in the pics I’ve seen - not good to train on.

Let’s hope for a big improvement against Leicester, or it could be embarrassing.

If we go into the new season with only Tootle and Jones as recognised fullbacks, we are in big trouble. Jones can't defend and was at fault for two goals today.
    Must admit that Jones as first choice left back worries me a bit. He has most of the basics to be effective at our level, but his positional play leaves a lot to be desired. Many of his good last ditch tackles or blocks are because he gave his winger a yards start in the first place. Definitely better going forwards than defending, which isn't what you want from a full back.

In the first half Alessandra didn't play up front. Stead was left up there on his own, Alessandra seemed to have a roving role but he neither bolstered midfield or provided any options up front. Stead did as much as he could be expected to do with the 'service' he received against two defenders from two leagues above.

Is Marc Bola still available? He'd be such a perfect signing to finish things off. Can play both LB and RB too.

Typical over reaction on NCM by the usual suspects.
    1/ I will chew my arm off if that line up today is the same come 4th of August
    2/ We were playing a Championship side. Now generally speaking they will always be better than us player for player
    3/ Anyone who reads in to a glorified training session like a pre season friendly as a barometer of how the season will go... take your self for a cold shower
    4/ Dan Jones can’t ****ing defend... anyone who went last season who thinks otherwise is a moron. Yes he is very good going forward, yes he can put in a decent cross.
    5/ Was it really a typical blood and guts League 2 performance by Notts? Was it ****. We let them pass without rattling in to tackles.

I can’t believe the over reaction whether it’s thumping a Sunday side 17 nil or being turned over 4-1 by a Top Championship side.... these games mean nothing. Zilch. Nada. Naff all. It’s all about fitness.

For those moaning. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    2/ We were playing a Championship side. Now generally speaking they will always be better than us player for player
    3/ Anyone who reads in to a glorified training session like a pre season friendly as a barometer of how the season will go... take your self for a cold shower
    4/ Dan Jones can’t ****ing defend... anyone who went last season who thinks otherwise is a moron. Yes he is very good going forward, yes he can put in a decent cross.
    5/ Was it really a typical blood and guts League 2 performance by Notts? Was it ****. We let them pass without rattling in to tackles.

I can’t believe the over reaction whether it’s thumping a Sunday side 17 nil or being turned over 4-1 by a Top Championship side.... these games mean nothing. Zilch. Nada. Naff all. It’s all about fitness.

So you have a good moan then tell the moaners to get a grip. Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Given that Jones is also liable to get injured, we definitely need competition. That starting line up looked worrying with Stead and Alessandro up front. Also worrying for me is the state of the training pitch, which looks hard and dry in the pics I’ve seen - not good to train on.

Let’s hope for a big improvement against Leicester, or it could be embarrassing.
    Can't Kellet play LB? And at a push, we could drop Hewitt back into the RB spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    So you have a good moan then tell the moaners to get a grip. Ironic.
    I was not moaning. I stated 5 opinions about the side selected, the opposition, our left back (who I have said in the past was a worse defender than Dickinson) and what the match meant.

What I moaned about is how excited people were getting when we put 17 past Hucknall Plough Barflies... then this thread because we lost to a top end Championship side. Don’t forget they are the 2nd biggest club in the East Midlands.

What are your thoughts on our preparations Bohinen?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post

You can't believe the over reaction yet you call anyone with a different opinion to you about Jones a moron? Irony alert.

Yes. He can’t defend for ****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast