+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How is Rashford anywhere near the England team!!

How is Rashford anywhere near the England team!!

He just does not look interested,..if he tries something, and loses the ball,...80% of the time, He just stays there!!!

No tracking back, No tackles,.....Just what the hell do they see in him ?

The only other complaint, is about the big Jesse, also apart from his goal,..WTF Did he do?

Southgate , in my opinion should ditch his United links,....Maybe thats the problem.

Although Sinkov thinks Southgate is the answer, I don't agree.

Rashford like you say jon, didn't look interested, Lingard worked hard but hardly worried anyone, Sterling was berated at the Turf by fans for letting England down, again he let them down again this time like a chicken running around without its head, Rose, Walker and Young IMO are not up to it, also worried why Kane had to keep coming back into midfield to get a sniff of the ball in 2/3 game's, not enough bodies making runs or drawing defenders out of position for me, Southgate did mediocre at Middlesbrough and he wont get any better with England.

Southgate suffers from "Big Team Syndrome". He is not on his own, other England managers suffered from the malaise too.

Here's a few who should never have made the squad never mind the team: Jones (Hazard fleeced him yet again - remember the FA Cup final?), Young & Rose, the appropriately named Jesse Lingard and Cheating Alli, Sterling (I think I could still score at least 1 goal in 24 games at any level, after two weeks in the gym!), ball watching Stones, Henderson and Dier could not win a teddy bear at a fun fair never mind a World Cup.

I watched them yesterday, Jesus Christ we were woeful. We were that bad, we are even making Hero Kane look well below average!

Bt , haven’t been on in a bit but going to voice my opinion on this.

Whilst I think some of what you say above is true my real belief is that Southgate pinned all his hopes on Sterling ( unfair to him I think. ). I’ve listened to all the muppets saying how rubbish he is etc etc but if you go back and look at the games the only time we look like doing anything is when he’s on the park. ( he should score I know but he made space and openings for others - who incidentally couldn’t finish either ).
    I don’t want to be the Southgate kill joy but Alli ( injury 1st game ) and Kane were not fit yet Alli basically told the manager he was and got away with it. Kane I’m unsure what is going on looked leggy to me couldn’t go past a man ( the part time opposition excepted 2 games ).
    We have a full back in Young who has to check inside to deliver every time ( in his defence delivery is usually pretty good ) however the opposition know that. ( we have a perfectly good replacement Rose - left footed ).
    Loftus cheek must be gutted - big strong pacey and a football brain and yet lingard kept his place.

Stand outs for me we’re Tripps and Henderson ( surprised me ). Much better player than i gave him credit for.
    Maguire was good but switched off a time or two however he made up for that by driving forward and delivering good ball.
    Stones as before I’ve said has one in him every game.
    So imo Yes we did well to get where we did but I think the manager was poor in letting the big time players decide if they are fit enough, slow with substitutes when they were needed and tactically unsure what to do when the Sterling idea didn’t work.

Forgot Rashford —— felt a little for him as well tbh brought on to run around a distinctly average Kane ( he’s not I know - but didn’t deliver )and rashford ended up running towards our goal before theirs.

Decent post army, however, I take issue with players declaring themselves fit when they are not. A manager has to trust his players, however, I do feel that Alli and Kane were not honest about their fitness.
    It was interesting that Trippier was a doubt for the play-off game and Southgate said that he considered hime very doubtful. Trippier must have said that he felt fit enough to play and he performed well yet again which was no surprise to those of us who have watched him for several years.
    It would help Rashford if he was playing for Man Utd on a regular basis --but he isn't and so it will always be a very slow development, which is a shame.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)