+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animal's Depressed

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Belgium today played us off park with seasoned world class players England lads will be the same in 2-3 yrs and WINNING tournaments
    I don’t think Belgium did at all.
    It’s same owd story - because we lost some people think we played badly.
    We didn’t play badly.
    We were great in defence and the first two thirds of the pitch.
    But we had nothing in the last third.
    Nothing in attack.
    We had most of the play and they - who have a few world class players - relied on break always.
    If we could have turned our dominant play into goals we would have easily won Belgium.
    Same applies to the first 30 minutes of the Croatia match.
    Croatia must have thought themselves lucky to have got in at half time only 1-0 down.

But if yer can’t score then yer can’t win.
    Barnsley were very much like that in the first part of last season.

I'm truly jealous Animal.
    I wish I could get upset about it but the whole World Cup left me cold.
    None of the big teams, or players turned up.
    Where were Messi, Ronaldo & Neymar, or Germany, Argentina or Spain?
    Harry Kane Golden Boot? Do me a favour. Three penalties, a deflection & 2 tap ins. He didn't show up in the games that mattered.
    In fact if he'd squared it instead of hitting the post from an impossible angle we'd probably be in the final.
    Bland, boring matches on the whole. too many crap teams just out to spoil and time waste.
    Players pushing the boundaries getting the game stopped for fake head injuries and cramp.
    Half the goals coming from set pieces. Packed, well organised defences easily dealing with slow, ponderous, unimaginative attacking play. The only real winner has been VAR (after the Tunisia game).
    I'm pleased for Gareth and the boys, but they haven't beaten much in all truth.
    I honestly wish I was feeling it but I'm not.

Couldn't put it better myself Hodger only a few games that were of world class

That puts the tin hat on it.
    First goal in the final from a free kick with no contact. Total dive 7 the player who dived gets the credit from the free kick.
    Probably clinches Player of the tournament for a total cheat!
    What has become of the beautiful game?

Over & out! Joke
    How come they don't use VAR for the free kick, then award a penalty for the ball hitting a defender's hand when he knew nothing about it?
    Telly off & into the garden.
    can't take anymore of this sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Over & out! Joke
    How come they don't use VAR for the free kick, then award a penalty for the ball hitting a defender's hand when he knew nothing about it?
    Telly off & into the garden.
    can't take anymore of this sh1t.

Not being funny Hodger but are you painting too big a picture in your mind? I know the world cup should bring out the very best in football but it's not the case anymore. I agree with some of the things you've said. It's been disappointing in many respects. However, tactics and the way football's gone in recent years means we get served up this trash every week. The world cup and the premiership aren't dissimilar in my opinion. Superior teams trying to be disabled by negative tactics and play acting. Shyte to watch, totally agree but look at it from their point of view. They do it cos it's effective in a way. That's what football's become. If we're honest, you can count on one hand how many really good games we've seen in the world cup yet it's been billed as a great tournament by some pundits. It's where we're at unfortunately.

Agree entirely but it's not for me.
    I switched off in disgust after the 'penalty' decision.
    The fact is this final could have been saved with the correct use of VAR.
    The same people that brought the hand ball incident to the referee's attention failed to flag up Greisman's dive for the free kick.
    Football at the moment is as credible as wrestling.
    If some granny had run on and whacked Greisman with her handbag I might have stuck with it.
    There are things they could do to cut down diving and play acting but they choose to do nothing.
    We now have a new fan base that love a sending off or a penalty, justified or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Agree entirely but it's not for me.
    I switched off in disgust after the 'penalty' decision.
    The fact is this final could have been saved with the correct use of VAR.
    The same people that brought the hand ball incident to the referee's attention failed to flag up Greisman's dive for the free kick.
    Football at the moment is as credible as wrestling.
    If some granny had run on and whacked Greisman with her handbag I might have stuck with it.
    There are things they could do to cut down diving and play acting but they choose to do nothing.
    We now have a new fan base that love a sending off or a penalty, justified or not.

I didn't see the final Hodger so can't comment but I agree, the newer generation of football fan does like nothing more than a controversial moment. Its not for me either

Lineacre, Ferdinand, Shearer & Klinsman all agreed, no free kick, no penalty.
    Matter of fact, move on.
    These players need naming & shaming but nobody has the balls to slam them in the media.
    France are now World champions and the little sh1t that conned the referee was named man of the match.
    A goal lead in a cup final is precious and France had the lead gifted to them twice.
    I don't watch much Premier League now for the same reasons but it does massively influence kids.
    I played in a lads v dads game a few years ago and that opened my eyes.
    I marked a 12 year old and every time he received the ball he fell over and grabbed the ball. Free kick every time.
    I never touched him but in a proper game I'd probably have been booked or sent off.

Well personally I think it's been a brilliant well run World Cup , odd few matches were poor , overall good tournament , we ent seen owt theer that we don't see ivvry week re cheating etc , in our league's , just better Actors , i dunt like it , but that's today's football standard , so that is poor I agree ,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast