+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal's Depressed

Animal's Depressed

Can't shake off the disappointment of losing the world cup semi final on wednesday night .

Proper down in the dumps and I keep mulling it over in my head , a goal up and bossing it and we still lost , feck me pink .

These kind of games and negative results kill me , I'll shake it off in time but right now it ain't good .

Tomorrow is the final and we had the chance to be there , the whole country would be buzzing right now , I can't feckin speyk to be honest .

I manage this shyte better than as a younger man but it still gets me .

I don't expect us to win the feckin thing four times like Germany , just every 30 years would be alright with a final or two thrown in along the way .

Everything is there to succeed , we aren't Denmark or Greece and yet I've seen them win the Euro's .

I'll settle just to make the final after seeing 3 semi final defeats to tell the truth .

I ain't asking much for a football nation like we are I'm sure .

I sincerely hope Croatia win tomorrow , at least it will make sense .

The Lion's Got A Bad Throat

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Can't shake off the disappointment of losing the world cup semi final on wednesday night .

Proper down in the dumps and I keep mulling it over in my head , a goal up and bossing it and we still lost , feck me pink .

These kind of games and negative results kill me , I'll shake it off in time but right now it ain't good .

Tomorrow is the final and we had the chance to be there , the whole country would be buzzing right now , I can't feckin speyk to be honest .

I manage this shyte better than as a younger man but it still gets me .

I don't expect us to win the feckin thing four times like Germany , just every 30 years would be alright with a final or two thrown in along the way .

Everything is there to succeed , we aren't Denmark or Greece and yet I've seen them win the Euro's .

I'll settle just to make the final after seeing 3 semi final defeats to tell the truth .

I ain't asking much for a football nation like we are I'm sure .

I sincerely hope Croatia win tomorrow , at least it will make sense .

The Lion's Got A Bad Throat
    Yep - I know exactly how you feel.
    We should have had the Croatia match wrapped up in the first 30 minutes - but our forwards Sterling, Lingard and Alli didn’t turn up.
    England ..........
    Great defence and great play coming out of defence.
    Powder puff attack.

I feel the same mate! It's that after the lord mayor's show feeling.
    It doesn't help watching your club team do feck all strengthen before the season starts and knowing full well we are going to struggle!
    Bet the fans of Liverpool, Chelski, Arsenal and the Mancs don't feel as depressed as us as they have something to look forward to?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I feel the same mate! It's that after the lord mayor's show feeling.
    It doesn't help watching your club team do feck all strengthen before the season starts and knowing full well we are going to struggle!
    Bet the fans of Liverpool, Chelski, Arsenal and the Mancs don't feel as depressed as us as they have something to look forward to?
    I don’t think it’s that much to do with what’s happening at Barnsley.
    It’s more to do with the bitter disappointment and the same old old story from England.
    And no matter how some people dress it up - WE FAILED.
    We had the opportunity and the players to win it.
    But again some of them didn’t turn up.

The big build up followed by the huge disappointment takes the shine off football - which then of course CAN take the shine off your own club.

Tell you where I am with shyte like this .

Watching the game at work with the lads my hands were shaking the whole game , they couldn't believe how wound up I was because I'm normally Kool and the gang .

At halftime I could easily have gone back on to the shop floor and waited for the result to come in .

I hated it , just too much for an old dog like me these things .

Apparently it's only a game .

Belgium today played us off park with seasoned world class players England lads will be the same in 2-3 yrs and WINNING tournaments

Definitely had the opportunity, but not the players.
    Every game we looked like we could beat anyone in the world in the first half but second half looked like we couldn’t beat anyone.
    Great potential and experience for the young squad, but we got beat by lack of experience and what was called game management.
    Top teams would have taken some of the chances created in the games and would ace had us now looking towards France on Sunday.

Not doom and gloom though as the future is looking good, with more big time playing experience for their clubs, another goal threat and midfield genius added we could take some stopping.

Not too many things can stir the emotions like football. These days I'm more philosophical in defeat. The thought of being in the final has crossed my mind a couple of times this week and my stomach felt like it had a lead weight in it for a second or two. However, I'm not gutted, we weren't robbed by a bad decision or cheated, just beaten fair and square. I can accept that graciously and wish Croatia all the best in the final. 20 years ago I wouldn't look at it owt like that and would be angry and wanting to lash out. Am nowhere near like that person ennymooar thank God

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Belgium today played us off park with seasoned world class players England lads will be the same in 2-3 yrs and WINNING tournaments
    I think you're right, England lads will be the same in 2-3 years
    The 29% English players in the Prem will see to that

Far too many overseas players playing in this country , Clubs paying daft money to bring them here , the fear of not winning titles etc by giving our own young players a chance , while ever this continues the National side will suffer and win nowt , will it change ? Will it chuff

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast