+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animal's Depressed

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Lineacre, Ferdinand, Shearer & Klinsman all agreed, no free kick, no penalty.
    Matter of fact, move on.
    These players need naming & shaming but nobody has the balls to slam them in the media.
    France are now World champions and the little sh1t that conned the referee was named man of the match.
    A goal lead in a cup final is precious and France had the lead gifted to them twice.
    I don't watch much Premier League now for the same reasons but it does massively influence kids.
    I played in a lads v dads game a few years ago and that opened my eyes.
    I marked a 12 year old and every time he received the ball he fell over and grabbed the ball. Free kick every time.
    I never touched him but in a proper game I'd probably have been booked or sent off.
    wo thar Mr Sugden in Kes Hodger ? Or did tha back Croatia and lost thi bet ? Cheerts allus beeaurt narradays !!!! So it seems !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Well personally I think it's been a brilliant well run World Cup , odd few matches were poor , overall good tournament , we ent seen owt theer that we don't see ivvry week re cheating etc , in our league's , just better Actors , i dunt like it , but that's today's football standard , so that is poor I agree ,

A must admit Roma that I initially thort same as thee abart it being a good world cup but on reading Hodgers post I think he put it into perspective. If this is whats called top class football then its a sad state of affairs. Game's gone imo, we settle for minor improvements in the game which has masked this world cup but its still miles off for me. Only a handful of games stand out for me, the rest has been pretty uninspiring. The tournament will suffer further when they increase the numbers from 32 to 48

Nanny will be ecstatic about frogs winning world cup get into his ribs stendel whilst goings good and get him to get that cheque book out

To be honest Roma I've hardly had a bet after the group stages.
    Not one stand out team or player.
    Belgium best of a bad bunch.
    First World Cup since '66 that's not stirred me one bit (not in a good way anyway).
    When you think of past years they're full of outstanding players, teams & goals. This one has nothing but controversial VAR decisions (good & bad). France are decent, not good and certainly not outstanding, worthy winners. Average 'keeper, one good defender, a couple of good midfielders and 2 forwards far better at deceiving refs than defenders.

If England had shot more. They'd have won this world cup. 17 attempts up to and including the semi-final tells it's own story. Too much tippy,tappy football up until the 18 yard box by a number of teams not just us. Too physical and time consuming with players feigning injury and contesting every decision.

Poor World Cup.

Said it before England need to look to be creating a new type of midfielder in the ilk of a Platt, Ince, Gascoigne, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard that can play every aspect of midfield.

Animal is reight Jack Wilshere is closest thing we have left. We missed him this World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    If England had shot more. They'd have won this world cup. 17 attempts up to and including the semi-final tells it's own story. Too much tippy,tappy football up until the 18 yard box by a number of teams not just us. Too physical and time consuming with players feigning injury and contesting every decision.

Poor World Cup.

Said it before England need to look to be creating a new type of midfielder in the ilk of a Platt, Ince, Gascoigne, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard that can play every aspect of midfield.

Animal is reight Jack Wilshere is closest thing we have left. We missed him this World Cup.

Wilshere has had more injuries than Evel Knievel and is washed up at top end premiership level let alone international level. Don't get me wrong I like the lad and he has talent but we must face harsh facts, injuries have taken their toll. Even when he's had a chance at major tournaments he's not delivered. He did nothing to merit getting in that world cup squad and that's what I like about Southgate, he doesn't pick players on reputations. The best performing players got in that squad. Tha can't say fairer than that. Unfortunately we lack a commanding midfielder, hopefully one will emerge in the next season or two

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Wilshere has had more injuries than Evel Knievel and is washed up at top end premiership level let alone international level. Don't get me wrong I like the lad and he has talent but we must face harsh facts, injuries have taken their toll. Even when he's had a chance at major tournaments he's not delivered. He did nothing to merit getting in that world cup squad and that's what I like about Southgate, he doesn't pick players on reputations. The best performing players got in that squad. Tha can't say fairer than that. Unfortunately we lack a commanding midfielder, hopefully one will emerge in the next season or two
    It's the coaching at club level that needs to change for me. We simply aren't creating a central midfielder that is encouraged to shoot from range and thread passes forward and take the odd man on. We're concentrating too much on over lapping full backs and false wingers that cut inside too much.

There needs to be an education on when to release the ball and realise your chance has gone too. However, forward passing has to be successfully implemented. Too many times this world cup we needlessly went back to Pickford from advanced positions because there was no out ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    It's the coaching at club level that needs to change for me. We simply aren't creating a central midfielder that is encouraged to shoot from range and thread passes forward and take the odd man on. We're concentrating too much on over lapping full backs and false wingers that cut inside too much.

There needs to be an education on when to release the ball and realise your chance has gone too. However, forward passing has to be successfully implemented. Too many times this world cup we needlessly went back to Pickford from advanced positions because there was no out ball.

Fair point mate

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Tell you where I am with shyte like this .

Watching the game at work with the lads my hands were shaking the whole game , they couldn't believe how wound up I was because I'm normally Kool and the gang .

At halftime I could easily have gone back on to the shop floor and waited for the result to come in .

I hated it , just too much for an old dog like me these things .

Apparently it's only a game .

Aahh bless. I watched the final in France surrounded by French people who didn’t seem overly concerned whether they won or lost. And you were having a nervous breakdown, hands shaking and everything, on the shop floor as well, for the semi final.

N’eer mind could be beating Wycombe or Fleetwood in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post

N’eer mind could be beating Wycombe or Fleetwood in a few weeks

I doubt it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast