+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking like 3rd choice 11 next season

Looking like 3rd choice 11 next season

We wanted Stockdale, We wanted Gunn we get Blackman.

We wanted Hernandez, We wanted Vydra, we will probably get Marriot.

We wanted Wilson, We wanted Foden we will probably get .......errrm? Anyone? Stick with Roofe and Alioski?

So basically anyone we want we now have to wait at least one more player down the pecking order before we sign someone. Personally I'm happy we are signing players not proven in the championship rather than players proven to be successful in the championship, think it is a really good business model

Do you think that having a manager with the nickname 'El Loco' is putting them off or is it that we've just not got the funds to match the rhetoric?

Certainly is a strange transfer window, apart from loans the only players we have really been linked with are Hernandez, Vydra & Stockdale.

There seems to be very little activity happening for us, is Biesla happy with the squad, do we have funds to spend, is there another reason for no activity happening I.e. A takeover in the pipeline. (Yes I know this is random and no rumours to suggest this but stranger things have happened).

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Certainly is a strange transfer window, apart from loans the only players we have really been linked with are Hernandez, Vydra & Stockdale.

There seems to be very little activity happening for us, is Biesla happy with the squad, do we have funds to spend, is there another reason for no activity happening I.e. A takeover in the pipeline. (Yes I know this is random and no rumours to suggest this but stranger things have happened).
    would prefer Marriott to Vydra - more of a nature poacher - Vydra is similar to Siaz/Alioski/Roofe

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    would prefer Marriott to Vydra - more of a nature poacher - Vydra is similar to Siaz/Alioski/Roofe
    Vydra is proven to score goals at this level, Marriott isn't. I'm tired of us going for hopeful punts rather than proven quality. Sometimes it comes off i.e Beckford but generally they're bang average or crap

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Vydra is proven to score goals at this level, Marriott isn't. I'm tired of us going for hopeful punts rather than proven quality. Sometimes it comes off i.e Beckford but generally they're bang average or crap
    I agree with you and your post generally. Sick of the scrabbling around and watching different teams every year sorting out the money to at least have a go, and not p iss in the wind hoping something might happen with constant managerial changes and constant penny-pinching recruitment.

Been the same for years, under.different owners, and maybe (just maybe), this year it's different.

We're only a couple of weeks from seasons start, we have a new coach who has a reputation for not hanging abiut if his requirements aren't met, and still there are few incoming and few indications if any more. Conclusion? Bielsa has a plan, he knows what assets he has and thinks the plan will work. Why not chill and.see if it does?

F00k all we can do about it anyway, just sit back and enjoy the ride (so I've been advised by many!)?

Ffp?

Quote Originally Posted by philipspark View Post
    Ffp?
    Yea FFP is going to hurt us when we are punished for NOT spending money to the detriment of the Championship. We will be the first club ever to be docked points for a lack of transfer spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I agree with you and your post generally. Sick of the scrabbling around and watching different teams every year sorting out the money to at least have a go, and not p iss in the wind hoping something might happen with constant managerial changes and constant penny-pinching recruitment.
    It is that. I like Marriot and Maddison, they look good players but neither are proven at Championship level so it is just hopeful that they'll be good enough a) for this league for a start and then b) for a promotion push. League one is worlds apart from Championship. Antonsson looked good in League one and he was crap and ineffective in Championship. We are once again dining at the kiddies table of transfers rather than going for players who are good and proven at this level. That said I'd much rather Marriot and or Maddison than Mbakogu!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)