+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Money Money. . . it's a West Ham World

Money Money Money. . . it's a West Ham World

Spending another £42 million on a player, this is on top of the £29 million, plus an undisclosed that is rumoured at between £17.5 million to £22 million as well as the two players on free whose wages will be a decent whack.

We don't' know how this players will do but contrast that with out £4 million, loan and free (whose wages i think will be significantly less than Wilshire).

Does make you wonder, i know that people will say the whole London gives the advantage (and it does) but still.

They've spent almost £100 million in fees alone. We've spent £4 million.

I don't even really know what this rant is about but just annoys me were leaving out world class manager to scrabble about whilst West Ham (and no offense to them, indeed good on them) are splashing cash and getting players who will improve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Spending another £42 million on a player, this is on top of the £29 million, plus an undisclosed that is rumoured at between £17.5 million to £22 million as well as the two players on free whose wages will be a decent whack.

We don't' know how this players will do but contrast that with out £4 million, loan and free (whose wages i think will be significantly less than Wilshire).

Does make you wonder, i know that people will say the whole London gives the advantage (and it does) but still.

I don't even really know what this rant is about but just annoys me were leaving out world class manager to scrabble about whilst West Ham (and no offense to them, indeed good on them) are splashing cash and getting players who will improve them.

its just typical West Ham mate. They are always throwing money at players and it always looks like desperation. They are the little brother of London, trying to keep up with Chelsea, Spurs etc. The difference is when Chelsea or Spurs spend big, they go on to have a great season and then build on it the next summer with even more good players and more top quality signings. When West Ham do it, they finish mid table then decline for the next half a decade.

They are simply London Mackems, the only difference is they use a fork to eat their cheesy chips on the way home from a half empty staduim

they pay a peppercorn rent on the ground
    they have money from selling their ground
    they have a decent manager with connections it getting these players

To me, West Ham don't seem to have the arrogance or sense of entitlement of the other big London clubs although sadly I think they lost a little bit of their soul when they moved to the Olympic Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    they pay a peppercorn rent on the ground
    they have money from selling their ground
    they have a decent manager with connections it getting these players
    And you slated them for making that move at that time.

And don't you have historical connections with that area? It's a wonder that you don't feel natural support for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    its just typical West Ham mate. They are always throwing money at players and it always looks like desperation. They are the little brother of London, trying to keep up with Chelsea, Spurs etc. The difference is when Chelsea or Spurs spend big, they go on to have a great season and then build on it the next summer with even more good players and more top quality signings. When West Ham do it, they finish mid table then decline for the next half a decade.

They are simply London Mackems, the only difference is they use a fork to eat their cheesy chips on the way home from a half empty staduim
    do be brief,london mackems ffs
    how many teams play in the first and second level in London?
    how many teams play in the first and second level in Newcastle?

Arsenal= biggest club in London ( my opinion)
    plastics= Abramovich!
    Spuds= undeniably a good setup
    Irons= 3rd or 4th club atmo
    btw our net spend over 2 years was about 17 mill!
    how much was yours?
    must be difficult up there with all that competition for supporters
    oh and we are sold out every home game 57000....
    check the stats next time
    be lucky now
    London Mackem

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    To me, West Ham don't seem to have the arrogance or sense of entitlement of the other big London clubs although sadly I think they lost a little bit of their soul when they moved to the Olympic Stadium.
    cheers Zippmeister!
    and yes the Stadia is still a work in progress unfortunately, but as a suppoprter there is very little i can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

hello mate hope you are well Sir!
    our record signing was Arnautovic for 22 mill prior to this season seems our owners are under pressure now to deliver!

Always looked on West Ham as different to other London clubs.Them and Fulham.Had a few drinks on many occasions with both sets of supporters.At club games and away with England.Sound lads all of them.Not like your Chelsea,Spurs etc.
    I wish West Ham well.Nothing to do with them that our owner is a tight ar5e.Any club showing ambition shouldn't be criticised just because we have no ambition.Good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Always looked on West Ham as different to other London clubs.Them and Fulham.Had a few drinks on many occasions with both sets of supporters.At club games and away with England.Sound lads all of them.Not like your Chelsea,Spurs etc.
    I wish West Ham well.Nothing to do with them that our owner is a tight ar5e.Any club showing ambition shouldn't be criticised just because we have no ambition.Good luck to them.
    Agree with that 100% you get a good welcome at both grounds and good after match banter. it was a bit like that at White Hart Lane in the 60's and 70's but changed rapidly when the prawn sandwiches took over as supposed supporters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)