+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: southgate

southgate

hats off to him..seen an interview where he says even though finishing in the
    last four of the comp does not make england a top four footballing nation.

the world cup took england further into the comp than for a long time
    but if you look at the teams we beat ..and the teams we could not beat
    who is to say that is progress..are we any better than 4..8..12 years ago ?

the list of players ( imo ) who came out with any acclaim are limited
    trippier/stones/pickford/maguire..

folk like stirling-henderson.lingard .young.dier are just not good enough
    ( again my opinion )

#waistcoat

England got a lot further than i and many others expected and you can only beat the side that's put in front of you. It's all very well many people saying how England could have got on against the likes of Germany, Spain and Argentina, lets just remember how they went out of the tournament!

There wasn't the usual hype or expectations before the tournament began, which in my opinion helped a lot. I think it's quick and easy to praise and then knock players on performances, it's all if's and but's. It doesn't matter if it's club or country, there will always be scapegoats.

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    hats off to him..seen an interview where he says even though finishing in the
    last four of the comp does not make england a top four footballing nation.

the world cup took england further into the comp than for a long time
    but if you look at the teams we beat ..and the teams we could not beat
    who is to say that is progress..are we any better than 4..8..12 years ago ?

the list of players ( imo ) who came out with any acclaim are limited
    trippier/stones/pickford/maguire..

folk like stirling-henderson.lingard .young.dier are just not good enough
    ( again my opinion )

#waistcoat
    Give the limitations of the players available, half a dozen or so being international quality, he’s at least made the squad gel and moved us on from 442. Also, England will never be a force in international football while our top divisions are full of foreign players, it doesn’t matter who’s manager.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)