+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underwhelming so far?

Underwhelming so far?

Anyone else feel the lack of excitement what's going on at the club atm? Not many decent pre season games announced, if any at all and the lack of signing so far aswell.

We have been linked with certain players for weeks and nothing seems to be moving especially with the like of Rodak and Towell which I thought we would tie pretty quickly after last season.

Even some of the signings we have made so far are underwhelming and the ones we are getting linked with, loaning in young players from the same division when we should be looking to fetch young players permanently from lower leagues.

I hope some positive things are gonna happen in next few weeks because atm im not looking forward to this season at all.

Football league transfer deadline is 5pm on 9th August. "Unattached" players can be signed until 31st August (According to Sky TV) . I take your point though that we have not got a massive amount of time to play with. Hopefully, discussions are already well under way with several more targeted players, especially right backs.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-07-2018 at 10:30 AM.

OP, how can you not look forward to new season ???
    What's the point in supporting the Miller's then ?

Forgive me as not trying to sound negative but wasn't it always going to be this way? Think most on here arent/won't be expecting signing s we have actually paid big money for this year Keiffer and Tom Bradshaw last time Bradshaw again and Lee Gregory the examples of who we were allegedly in for. We are what we are and that for me at the moment is a yo yo club in other words one of the leading lights in League 1 and a VERY small fish in the Championship, where do we go from here? What is our actual ambition? Don't ask me as I for one don't know the answer I think at a push we could probably manage a sixth/seventh from bottom of the Championship but where do the supporters/club hierarchy expect us to finish really? I ask this as without serious investment do we really think a top half finish is possible? The one thing that does concern me is that if we do get off to a bad start that the natives will get restless and Warney will be jettisoned and we will be back to square one with the usuual merry go round of out of work managers Darren Ferguson, Stuart Mccall etc
    The one thing that does encourage me id the so called problems of the big clubs Villa apparently can't even afford free tranfers Derby are skint hence tranfer of Weimann to Bristol City, Birmingham are under a transfer embargo, Bolton allegedly haven't paid wages out, the list goes on but the cynic in me says that come opening day Villa for example will still be able to put out a decent side out as their fans simply wouldn't stand for say a League 2 standard keeper in their net and these clubs will always have the pulling power anyway.
    To get back to the original question I can't really see any other strategy regards recruitment other than what we are doing, we know waht one "bad egg" can do don't we anyway Blackstock etc. People will say yes but we get 7 million well what does that get you nowadays not much and its peanuts any

I think not getting relegated is the aim of the season and under tony Stewart always will be.

I'm still waiting for the million pound signing we was going to sign under Steve Evans. surely with money earnt that must be 2 million now??

I can understand both arguments about Warne wanting to give the team that got us promoted ago. reward success hard work and maybe uncover a gem good enough for the championship to sell on.

but I'm the flip note if you know a player isn't upto standard why give him a chance and potentially cost us points

I have just 1 question how long is giving the team a chance before they make changes of there not good enough??

10 games 15 games 20 games???

Yes

I like look of Robertson and Vassell young talented players who stood out at Blackpool so no I’m not underwhelmed by them

Also look at ins and out of other championship clubs hardly anything is moving in or out

EFL are threatening clubs with transfer embargo’s and point penalty’s if they don’t comply to FPR

yes but other championship clubs have a championship squad allready.

have we

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    yes but other championship clubs have a championship squad allready.

have we
    We might have, hard to tell until they are tested.

It's relatively quiet everywhere, particularly locally. Some panic attempts to balance the wages bill but nothing much of note.

Championship transfers so far

Departures: 177
    Income:
    150.600.000 €
    Income per club:
    6.275.000 €
    Income per player:
    850.847 €

Arrivals: 129
    Transfer expenses:
    93.200.000 €
    Expenditures per club: 3.883.333 €