+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T no brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    True, the remainers have pushed us towards a hard brexit or nothing at all.
    Not just them but the totally inflexible EU, not even offered crumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Grist, I repeat, we already have the power to control immigration from everywhere except the EU. Aren't you just a little bit concerned that if we gain such powers to control immigration from the EU, exactly the same thing will keep happening?

Don't you think the whole Brexit thing is a bit of a red herring? A deflection? An irrelevance? A creation of illusory scapegoats to divide and conquer?

Don't you feel a bit gullible? A bit used?

You really, really should.
    What are you actually trying to say here? That people who voted leave are gullible? Just want to clear this up.

Just don't understand why so many Labour supporters on here are prepared to remain under the grip and control of one of the biggest corrupt Capitalistic organisations in the world. Yet conversely enough I work in a strongly working class environment where most people are even more strongly in favour of a complete hard break from the EU than they were at the referendum..

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Not just them but the totally inflexible EU, not even offered crumbs.
    Yet only last week we worked out our own strategy. How could the EU offer anything without knowing what we want?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    What are you actually trying to say here? That people who voted leave are gullible? Just want to clear this up.
    Pretty much. As I've pointed out many times on here, the government that we voted in (including hoovering up the entire ukip support base) on the strength of their promises that "Brexit means Brexit" already have huge powers to bring down migration numbers if that's what they want to do by cutting non EU migration. I'd agree with Grist that many voted for Brexit purely on the Immigration issue (and in some towns for reasons that I can see why) and voted Conservative as they felt they would take control of the issue and see it through, to put a stop to mass migration.

But what in earth would make such voters think that there was any real intention in the powers that be to take such controls of Immigration when they have had such control of huge parts of (non EU) immigration and not done what leave voters wanted them to do there? What makes leave voters think that even if they gained such control of EU migration (which of course they could, and probably will, in principle) that they are any more likely to use it when they don't do so with non EU migration?

I'm not saying I agree with leave voters in their immigration stance, just that I think that they've been badly manipulated by May as the former home secretary who presided over such nonsense rhetoric on immigration for years whilst having the powers to act and doing nothing with those powers. All really just to gain and keep power I think.

I agree with Grist that many will feel cheated and be angry. But what on earth did they expect when you see May's Immigration record?

There will not be any signifant trade deals that wont include an element of free movement of people. China, India and the EU have already said as much.

Any brexiteer thinking we will walk into free trade deals and retain total control of immigration has been conned (in my opinion).

If some people think that those who voted to leave did so primarily because of immigration then you need to think again.
    That's the type of propaganda someone might read in the gutter press

Seems to me that May has a difficult week coming up in a premiership of difficult weeks .

To get her brexit plan through the choice seems to be back it whether you agree with or not or risk a general election and losing .

When the remainers are voting against it along with the brexiteers you know she's got a huge problem .

To be fair it's an impossible job delivering this thing for any party , Starmer is a smart cookie and far more capable than any Tory involved in this but even he would have had to crack some eggs to make the brexit omelette .

Proper Tory open civil war about to complicate the process even more I think .

Some talk in certain circles that some tories would prefer to parachute from the fire ridden aircraft and play the long game allowing Corbyn in and put the plane back together which they are banking on him failing spectacularly of course .

I despise the tories and always will but the present PM has an impossible job when the last one had it away asap and left the door open .

Kind of admire her in a way , she's hamstrung all the way down the line but keeps plodding on and fighting , far more respect for her than that yellow bellied entitled pompous tw@t who didn't have the minerals to see the job through .

She's still a tory tw@t though just for balance .

:-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Pretty much. As I've pointed out many times on here, the government that we voted in (including hoovering up the entire ukip support base) on the strength of their promises that "Brexit means Brexit" already have huge powers to bring down migration numbers if that's what they want to do by cutting non EU migration. I'd agree with Grist that many voted for Brexit purely on the Immigration issue (and in some towns for reasons that I can see why) and voted Conservative as they felt they would take control of the issue and see it through, to put a stop to mass migration.

But what in earth would make such voters think that there was any real intention in the powers that be to take such controls of Immigration when they have had such control of huge parts of (non EU) immigration and not done what leave voters wanted them to do there? What makes leave voters think that even if they gained such control of EU migration (which of course they could, and probably will, in principle) that they are any more likely to use it when they don't do so with non EU migration?

I'm not saying I agree with leave voters in their immigration stance, just that I think that they've been badly manipulated by May as the former home secretary who presided over such nonsense rhetoric on immigration for years whilst having the powers to act and doing nothing with those powers. All really just to gain and keep power I think.

I agree with Grist that many will feel cheated and be angry. But what on earth did they expect when you see May's Immigration record?
    Your forgetting that she changed her “Brexit means Brexit” stance when she didn’t get the support she wanted and many of this UKIP supporters who actually want Brexit went back to voting labour.

I didn’t vote purely on immigration, it was a factor but only one of them. It’s times like this when I wish Boris was in power instead of the weak May.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Your forgetting that she changed her “Brexit means Brexit” stance when she didn’t get the support she wanted and many of this UKIP supporters who actually want Brexit went back to voting labour.

I didn’t vote purely on immigration, it was a factor but only one of them. It’s times like this when I wish Boris was in power instead of the weak May.
    What possible attributes has Boris Johnson got to be PM of this country ?

Didn't he say fuq business only recently .

Honest question .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast