+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor attendance

I think it is planned to last 28 days or so over November and December. Will certainly be interesting as the leagues may need to kick off in July to allow for a break. That will give us a chance to see about summer crowds at least.

If we have football in July, - then the crowds will be much reduced due to holidays etc........ that is a given.

If we extend the football season throughout May and stop in the first week of June, - I would be extremely surprised if the crowds did not improve for the very obvious reasons mentioned in an earlier post.

I can understand the reticence of the major leagues not wishing to change, - but what is stopping the lower leagues?

There are lots of factors that have to be considered, - but if Rangers and Celtic are terrified of playing Rosenberg (for example) then they should reorganise their leagues in line with the Norwegians, - so that they are well into their season and on a level playing field, - giving them absolutely no excuse when they are knocked out by supposed 'Micky Mouse' teams.

The ultimate argument is that Scottish football needs to be flexible and to consider all options on the table. If they were world leaders in the sport, - then they could dictate the calendar as they could argue that it suits their style. However at the moment we're well down the pecking order in the world standings and our crowds are reducing year on year, - so something must be done as the status quo is simply not working.

Oh and another thing that is required is entertainment.

I mentioned that the TV schedulers organise their block buster events just as the nights draw in, - because people are looking for entertainment. That is key to the whole problem of reduced numbers attending games.

People will come along if they are entertained, and my God we were entertained at the last home game of the season....give us a lot more of that and people will come to Palmerston.

If attendances drop any further there is a chance that seagulls will outnumber spectators shortly. Seemed to be a lot more of the flying rats there last night compared to Saturday. Must admit it tends to spoil my enjoyment a bit. One good thing about not having too many home games in the near future is that the worst of the problem may be over when we are back more regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    If attendances drop any further there is a chance that seagulls will outnumber spectators shortly. Seemed to be a lot more of the flying rats there last night compared to Saturday. Must admit it tends to spoil my enjoyment a bit. One good thing about not having too many home games in the near future is that the worst of the problem may be over when we are back more regularly.
    Yes a run of 5 away games with only the Arabs visit to Palmy in the middle of them but hopefully we also get drawn at home if we qualify for the second round of the Betfred Cup.

Not the biggest attendance on Tuesday night but what a difference it makes when the fans cause a bit of an atmosphere. Well done to those behind the goals who sang throughout the game. Keep it up please folks

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Not the biggest attendance on Tuesday night but what a difference it makes when the fans cause a bit of an atmosphere. Well done to those behind the goals who sang throughout the game. Keep it up please folks
    I'll second that

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Yup,I said after Saturday that the new "infant team" did their part.If they can tell their pals that coming to Palmerston is going to be a good day out,things can only get bigger and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Yup,I said after Saturday that the new "infant team" did their part.If they can tell their pals that coming to Palmerston is going to be a good day out,things can only get bigger and better.
    Entertainment on the pitch with an enthusiastic and vocal atmosphere off it is the way to attract the floating supporters who otherwise look for excuses not to attend. After all the objective of the club is to provide attractive top league football to the area especially in these otherwise rather depressing times for the region and town. It can put smiles on everyone's faces even if only for the short term.

The youngsters are the future of this and any football club. It’s really refreshing to see and now hear them at Palmerston. They’ll only get bigger , louder & better IMO

Well done troops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)