+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor attendance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Poor attendance

Around 800 for the Queens v Stranraer is very poor indeed and it seems the Cleyholers showed no interest.

I doubt any of the League Cup matches will be well attended. Unsure if the League attendances will improve on last season either...

Plenty of people on holiday and if you look at the other games yesterday you’ll see most others were poorly attended

but yet people shout for summer football

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    but yet people shout for summer football

Exactly!

Summer football , forget it it's a none starter

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Exactly!

Summer football , forget it it's a none starter
    Got to agree with that deek but ironically the next World Cup in Qatar may be played in the winter - that will
    certainly cause a bit of chaos in the big domestic leagues if it comes off.

I think it is planned to last 28 days or so over November and December. Will certainly be interesting as the leagues may need to kick off in July to allow for a break. That will give us a chance to see about summer crowds at least.

If we have football in July, - then the crowds will be much reduced due to holidays etc........ that is a given.

If we extend the football season throughout May and stop in the first week of June, - I would be extremely surprised if the crowds did not improve for the very obvious reasons mentioned in an earlier post.

I can understand the reticence of the major leagues not wishing to change, - but what is stopping the lower leagues?

There are lots of factors that have to be considered, - but if Rangers and Celtic are terrified of playing Rosenberg (for example) then they should reorganise their leagues in line with the Norwegians, - so that they are well into their season and on a level playing field, - giving them absolutely no excuse when they are knocked out by supposed 'Micky Mouse' teams.

The ultimate argument is that Scottish football needs to be flexible and to consider all options on the table. If they were world leaders in the sport, - then they could dictate the calendar as they could argue that it suits their style. However at the moment we're well down the pecking order in the world standings and our crowds are reducing year on year, - so something must be done as the status quo is simply not working.

Oh and another thing that is required is entertainment.

I mentioned that the TV schedulers organise their block buster events just as the nights draw in, - because people are looking for entertainment. That is key to the whole problem of reduced numbers attending games.

People will come along if they are entertained, and my God we were entertained at the last home game of the season....give us a lot more of that and people will come to Palmerston.

First of all I'm going to substitute the name Summer Football for Better Weather Football. Taking in mind that most peoples summer holidays are only between 1 to 2 weeks, do people seriously think BWF would not bring in bigger crowds overall. Two months ago I read about BWF in the ROI and crowds and performance in Europe by their domestic teams has risen since they started playing Feb- Oct rather than through the winter months . Its been such a success that the Northern Ireland Football Association are seriously looking at doing the same thing .---- I want to take you back to the last home league game of the season for a minute. I walked into Palmerston that day and instantly felt a buzz around the ground . Why was this you ask ? Simply , that the sun was beating from the sky that day after months of dreadful weather and the tee shirt clad fans felt better about themselves. This season will follow the same predictable path with a lot of folk not venturing near the ground from Nov - Feb and crowds very low. The definition of an idiot could be that he keeps doing the same things over and over again that dont work . This is where we are at in Scottish Football.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 15-07-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)