+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To all Englanders

To all Englanders

Am I a biased Scotsman?
    I've watched and enjoyed this world cup...but I fail to share the optimism that BBC and ITV panelists have about England ...now I know it wasn't your fault that Germany Argentina and Spain were knocked out early and while getting to a world cup semi is a great achievement especially for such a limited squad of players a record of played 7 lost 3 is not Champions form

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Am I a biased Scotsman?
    I've watched and enjoyed this world cup...but I fail to share the optimism that BBC and ITV panelists have about England ...now I know it wasn't your fault that Germany Argentina and Spain were knocked out early and while getting to a world cup semi is a great achievement especially for such a limited squad of players a record of played 7 lost 3 is not Champions form
    I agree with you mate.
    I thought England done ok but nothing special.
    However they did finish 4th so deserve credit for that.

???

Wanting a bite me thinks but hey ho here we go

Look at the facts of this England team and you will realise what a great achievement it was. No point mentioning the teams that got knocked as they weren't good enough to get to the semi final but we most definitely were.

If things went our way with the usually dead cert chances (Dier for example and a pen for Sterling) perhaps you wouldn't be posting here?

Optimism of the BBC etc is and always has been BS hype.

When we beat Germany 5-1 on their turf they were proclaiming us as some sort of super team but we all know it never materialised.

This young inexperienced squad that has been pulled together in relatively short time have done themselves proud.

Perhaps it's a new era where things are going to be different and the players are going to be allowed to enjoy the game instead of being hounded by the press and disgruntled fans who expect.

Football on an international level has changed and anyone can have a good spell.

England have and always will be a tough opponent for anyone.

We hold our head up.

I look forward to Scotland and the other home nations putting in a good show once more and role on the Euro's

Prediction for today? France will stuff Croatia but this is football and anything can happen.

Thanks for coming on to put your views in B-)

Am I a biased Scotsman?
    and Scotland were where?

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    ???

Wanting a bite me thinks but hey ho here we go

Look at the facts of this England team and you will realise what a great achievement it was. No point mentioning the teams that got knocked as they weren't good enough to get to the semi final but we most definitely were.

If things went our way with the usually dead cert chances (Dier for example and a pen for Sterling) perhaps you wouldn't be posting here?

Optimism of the BBC etc is and always has been BS hype.

When we beat Germany 5-1 on their turf they were proclaiming us as some sort of super team but we all know it never materialised.

This young inexperienced squad that has been pulled together in relatively short time have done themselves proud.

Perhaps it's a new era where things are going to be different and the players are going to be allowed to enjoy the game instead of being hounded by the press and disgruntled fans who expect.

Football on an international level has changed and anyone can have a good spell.

England have and always will be a tough opponent for anyone.

We hold our head up.

I look forward to Scotland and the other home nations putting in a good show once more and role on the Euro's

Prediction for today? France will stuff Croatia but this is football and anything can happen.

Thanks for coming on to put your views in B-)
    Not denying England did well...just always thought any decent team would beat them...can't understand why Sterling is always the scapegoat...when he is clearly the one player you have that scares the opposition...and golden boy Kane who was anonymous against Sweden and Croatia never gets a bad word against him.

Not denying England did well...just always thought any decent team would beat them...can't understand why Sterling is always the scapegoat...when he is clearly the one player you have that scares the opposition...and golden boy Kane who was anonymous against Sweden and Croatia never gets a bad word against him.
    You're a Dundee lad eh?

Making you a YES voter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

England done well with what is a young squad.

Want an ice cream?
    I buying lol.Name:  ice.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  97.8 KB

If you're honest with yourself, before we played Croatia, you had no idea we would get beat but you just hoped we would?

Personally I did not fear Croatia and they got the rub of the green on the day.

Today I had no doubt France would stuff them but I hoped Crotia would win.

Rab asks if you're a YES man ... which I assume is voting for Scottish independence. If so I conclude you're just a bitter hater but hey that's your choice.

If you're a NO man .. then I guess you're just hoping England fall to your level at international football which is also sad.

By the time the Euros come along it will be a whole new ball game with regards to who plays.

Sterling .. I agree with you but he lacked the final 1/3 bit. In my opinion I have to agree with my wife who said Sterling has the ability to scare opponents but should be in mid-field.
    All the best and thanks for taking the time to come back and join in your post further

Quote Originally Posted by Rab_The_Ger View Post
    You're a Dundee lad eh?

Making you a YES voter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

England done well with what is a young squad.
    Yeah Dundee FC mate definitely not a yes voter...don't disagree they done well ...you can only beat what's put in front of you...but always felt they'd come up short against a decent team...which they did against 3 times

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    If you're honest with yourself, before we played Croatia, you had no idea we would get beat but you just hoped we would?

Personally I did not fear Croatia and they got the rub of the green on the day.

Today I had no doubt France would stuff them but I hoped Crotia would win.

Rab asks if you're a YES man ... which I assume is voting for Scottish independence. If so I conclude you're just a bitter hater but hey that's your choice.

If you're a NO man .. then I guess you're just hoping England fall to your level at international football which is also sad.

By the time the Euros come along it will be a whole new ball game with regards to who plays.

Sterling .. I agree with you but he lacked the final 1/3 bit. In my opinion I have to agree with my wife who said Sterling has the ability to scare opponents but should be in mid-field.
    All the best and thanks for taking the time to come back and join in your post further
    I'm not a big Scotland fan ...prefer my club football...like I've said always fancied a decent team to beat England...to be honest not a hater of your team but must admit listening to Danny Murphy Martin Keown IanWright and co does grind on me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast