+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: France v Croatia

France v Croatia

If Croatia lose this as a result of two refereeing calamities it will be the biggest highway robbery since Dick Turpin. Griesman is the new diving champion of Europe. What a farce

First one, a dive yes but poor defending from the free kick. Second one a harsh penalty but a penalty in today's interpretation of the rules. Third and fourth looked OK though

I'm sure the Croatian goalkeeper can only save penalties. Nice move by Loris for their 2nd goal

Game on? Could end up 5-4 this one.

Looked like Loris tried to make up for the ref's mistake, by giving Croatia a goal back to make a game of it.

I thought from the start that any VAR incidents would go France's way.

They were the better team but luck was on their side today.

Good day for Serbia, Djokovic win and Croatia loss.

The best team won the tournament, the second best finished third and the third best finished second. Bet Belgium are ruing finishing top in their group.

I thought the best team came second, the second best came first, the third best came third and the seventh best came fourth

Now it’s all over, it’s been a good tournament and surprise surprise Russia isn’t the really nasty place that the BBC has tried to convince us it is.

And wasn’t that the most underwhelming undeserved golden boot award in any World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Now it’s all over, it’s been a good tournament and surprise surprise Russia isn’t the really nasty place that the BBC has tried to convince us it is.

And wasn’t that the most underwhelming undeserved golden boot award in any World Cup?
    Underwhelming definitely. Lucky undoubtedly. Undeserved? There's no qualification as to how the goals are scored so until that's the case then it's deserved, he scored 6 and the nearest rival 4. Wish he'd scored one more though and we might have been playing today. We'd have probably lost but the only thing we can be 100% sure of, we'll never know!

I agree with that 100 and ten per cent