+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Signing?

Quote Originally Posted by fatherknowsbest View Post
    judging by how leon's performed since he came to us, maybe you ought to keep your mouth shut soft lad.

hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    think we can scrub hogan off the list after what bruce has said in any case why should they loan him to a promotion rival if twirlo is correct weve got plenty more targets to aim for lets just trust chris
    If we are down to the calibre of released McGoldrick then I'm slightly concerned

mcgoldricks a good player 58 remember leon cost 150k and that one didnt work out either did it ? hes only on trial so might not even be offered a contract but hes a clever striker and would certainly fit in to our pay structure which is the same pay structure that is going to stop us getting our top 2 targets in

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    mcgoldricks a good player 58 remember leon cost 150k and that one didnt work out either did it ? hes only on trial so might not even be offered a contract but hes a clever striker and would certainly fit in to our pay structure which is the same pay structure that is going to stop us getting our top 2 targets in
    Good player maybe, but not good enough for Ipswich who've released him perhaps partly due to his injury record

It concerns me, rightly or wrongly, that in the season where CW wishes to take the club to the next level, one of our targets, a 30 year old seasoned player, requires a trial to prove suitability.

As much as anything else, the message this trial sends out to me is not one of a club moving forward, but one that is surely struggling to compete, even with the bottom end Championship clubs

Perhaps the decent signings may yet still arrive and I truly hope so, but I fear this may now not be the case

UTB

Some bod on a Millwall forum claims we’ve signed Gregory for £1.6m - but no-one else seems to know anything about it.
    Just saying like.

No. 548 on the list of players we've signed, gonna sign or have made a bid for. Why not just leave it and wait for who we actually do sign, if anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    No. 548 on the list of players we've signed, gonna sign or have made a bid for. Why not just leave it and wait for who we actually do sign, if anybody.
    Just to let you know that I’m 553 on the list and I’ve already started oiling mi boots

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    David McGoldrick joining on trial.

30 year old free agent.

Nice and cheap.

Will be a good Brooks replacement - he's also called David.
    Get used to this lads ... cheers to you fellas in the boardroom!

would be quite happy if gregory came in probably do the same job hogan would have done for half the salary if we had a strike force of clarke sharp gallagher gregory and mcgoldrick would do for me utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Good player maybe, but not good enough for Ipswich who've released him perhaps partly due to his injury record

It concerns me, rightly or wrongly, that in the season where CW wishes to take the club to the next level, one of our targets, a 30 year old seasoned player, requires a trial to prove suitability.

As much as anything else, the message this trial sends out to me is not one of a club moving forward, but one that is surely struggling to compete, even with the bottom end Championship clubs

Perhaps the decent signings may yet still arrive and I truly hope so, but I fear this may now not be the case

UTB
    Read about the injury record and it was compounded by his 3 hour commute from home to Ipswich,obviously less time with the physio's.

In the only game i saw him in last season Ipswich at home,he was very dangerous and i was glad when he was substituted.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast