+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What now for Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    A big reason why I support the Lib Dems - even though I have to stick my hands in my pockets regularly!

Why do they play pocket billiards.

This thread was about Russia not Brexit or new parties ...
    All inextricably linked OC, I'm afraid to say!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sorry Sinkov
    This thread wasn’t about education systems or bombing. Can’t we discuss the thread which was about whether the WC would lead to Russia opening up and put the other stuff on the threads with those titles. There’s loads about bombing elsewhere why put them here too?
    I just took my lead from you OC, you insinuated Russians were as thick as mince, living in a closed society. with an appalling lack of geographical knowledge. You also mentioned Putin and Trump. Was it thus unreasonable to assume the subjects you wanted to discuss included Russian politics and educational standards in Russia ?

Seriously if you don't want to discuss a subject, don't bring it up, I'll discuss anything anywhere, I need no encouragement.

"Seriously if you don't want to discuss a subject, don't bring it up, I'll discuss anything anywhere, I need no encouragement."

Bob on there sinkov!

DON'T BOMB SYRIA..... It seems Israel hits them all the time

State news agency SANA accuses 'Zionist enemy' of returning in its 'desperate attempts to support defeated terror organizations' by attacking military outpost north of Al-Nayrab military airport; IDF remains silent.

An IDF spokesman declined comment on the report. Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman on Monday told Ynet that he had no knowledge of the incident but said Israel's policy towards Iran in Syria had not changed.
    "We will not allow Iranian entrenchment within Syria. We will not let them to turn Syria into a kind of vanguard against the State of Israel. And we take action in accordance with our security interests," he said.
    Israel, concerned that Iran's growing presence in Syria poses a threat to its security, has struck dozens of Iranian and Iran-backed positions in Syria over the course of the seven-year conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post

State news agency SANA accuses 'Zionist enemy' of returning in its 'desperate attempts to support defeated terror organizations' by attacking military outpost north of Al-Nayrab military airport; IDF remains silent.

An IDF spokesman declined comment on the report. Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman on Monday told Ynet that he had no knowledge of the incident but said Israel's policy towards Iran in Syria had not changed.
    "We will not allow Iranian entrenchment within Syria. We will not let them to turn Syria into a kind of vanguard against the State of Israel. And we take action in accordance with our security interests," he said.
    Israel, concerned that Iran's growing presence in Syria poses a threat to its security, has struck dozens of Iranian and Iran-backed positions in Syria over the course of the seven-year conflict.
    Balanbam ---they obviously don't use the Trump Tweet method to let everyone konw what they are doing ----very sensible!

I meant civilized nations Balan, not Israel!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I just took my lead from you OC, you insinuated Russians were as thick as mince, living in a closed society. with an appalling lack of geographical knowledge. You also mentioned Putin and Trump. Was it thus unreasonable to assume the subjects you wanted to discuss included Russian politics and educational standards in Russia ?

Seriously if you don't want to discuss a subject, don't bring it up, I'll discuss anything anywhere, I need no encouragement.
    Think you definitely need no encouragement to ignore the topic and fly off at a tangent.
    Where did I insinuate Russians were as thick as mince?
    They were living in a closed society when I visited two years ago, are you suggesting anyone of us could go anywhere in Russia then? With a World Cup ticket you could go to venue cities, but lots of other places were still off limits.
    Regarding geographical knowledge I had never heard of the places several games were held and I was educated in England. I think if you go to America you will find a lack of knowledge of other countries as most have never left the US.

My question was - to make it simple for you
    Previous to the World Cup Russia was inaccessible to most of us and most Russians have not previously met non-Russians.
    Is that going to change? Will we see Russian city tours beyond Moscow and St P burg?
    No bombs in that lot!

I love it when the fish bite..!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Remember the alleged Russian/Syrian chemical attack in Douma ? There was a hysterical reaction to it in the West, almost kicking off another world war with air strikes on Syria. I was very dubious about it, so was BT, so was journalist Peter Hitchens. The OPCW has produced it's report on the alleged attack, our government and media, in line with it's peculiar, self defeating ante-Russian stance has ignored it, so it's left to Hitchens to report the truth.

Back in April I was treated with something very like contempt because I refused to be rushed into supporting a Western attack on Syria.

This illegal assault was supposedly justified because of alleged gas attacks by the Syrian government in Douma.

As I said at the time, there was no independent evidence that this had actually happened, and also no good reason to rush into action.

The area affected had at that time been under the control of a savage Islamist militia, and so Western journalists and diplomats could not safely go there.

But lurid and distressing reports on the supposed atrocity were prepared by media organisations hundreds or thousands of miles away on the basis of material provided by propaganda sources. They were given great prominence.

Now, almost unreported, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) has produced its first report on Douma. The OPCW is not perfect, and has sometimes got carried away, but on this occasion it has been properly cautious.

In April, a major and rather self-important Left-wing national newspaper wrote that unidentified doctors ‘said the symptoms had been consistent with exposure to an organophosphorus substance’.

Now the OPCW says: ‘No organophosphorus nerve agents or their degradation products were detected, either in the environmental samples or in plasma samples from the alleged casualties.’

Seems like Putin and Assad were telling the truth after all, whoever would have thought it ?
    I did say that at the time.The demonisation of Russia is slowly unfolding as what it is-pathetic.Moreover it is probably more to do with BRICS than anything else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)