+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What now for Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post

1) Where did I insinuate Russians were as thick as mince?

2) My question was - to make it simple for you
    Previous to the World Cup Russia was inaccessible to most of us and most Russians have not previously met non-Russians.
    Is that going to change? Will we see Russian city tours beyond Moscow and St P burg?
    No bombs in that lot!

1) "Many Russians have now seen people from all over the world they probably never heard of"

2) You say you only asked a simple question about whether Russia will become more accessible after the WC, then talk about Trump, Russian interference in the US election and Novichok. If you don't like people flying off at a tangent, I suggest you need to have a serious word with...…...yourself.

Oh and well done in your attempt to close down the debate, by limiting the parameters to what you think we should be discussing. Quite ironic on a thread asking whether Russia is likely to become more open. Mr Putin would be impressed, quite possibly he could find a job for you in the Kremlin ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    1) "Many Russians have now seen people from all over the world they probably never heard of"

2) You say you only asked a simple question about whether Russia will become more accessible after the WC, then talk about Trump, Russian interference in the US election and Novichok. If you don't like people flying off at a tangent, I suggest you need to have a serious word with...…...yourself.

Oh and well done in your attempt to close down the debate, by limiting the parameters to what you think we should be discussing. Quite ironic on a thread asking whether Russia is likely to become more open. Mr Putin would be impressed, quite possibly he could find a job for you in the Kremlin ?
    Sorry but I wrote the question and clarified and no one has answered it. Just a load of marginal perverse nit picking and bombs.
    so I’m pushing the button on this one it’s just wasting my time..

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

And on Brexit there is no consensus at all within the main two parties (that's why I think it essential that the people get the final say). Plenty of Labour voters want a hard Brexit and plenty of Tories are remoaners, so it is not a party political thing.

I disagree 59/60, there is a consensus within all three main parties, never mind two of them. They all campaigned to stay in the EU, they all would dearly like us to stay in the EU even now. Where there is no consensus is how they proceed to keep us in the EU, the Tories as the government were obliged to honour the referendum result and negotiate a settlement with the EU, they have now proposed a deal that is Brexit in name only, and leaves us half out and half in, opinion polls show a majority of Leave voters saying this is not what they voted for. Labour are determined to vote down any proposed piece of legislation which allows us to make a clean break from the EU, while the LibDems absolutely refuse to accept the result of the referendum and demand another one.

You're right in that it is not a party political thing, they are all for staying in the EU, but the Tories want to stay in without bringing down the government, Labour want to stay in while bringing down the government at the same time, and the LibDems want to stay in by their spurious claim that the people should be given a vote on the deal, which would be a honourable position, except that they also want to add the option of staying in. Gives the game away doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sorry but I wrote the question and clarified and no one has answered it. Just a load of marginal perverse nit picking and bombs.
    so I’m pushing the button on this one it’s just wasting my time..
    OC, you appear to have completely missed the point I was making in post 2. You asked about the situation in Russia after the WC, imo the internal situation in Russia is inextricably linked to how they perceive the West's attitude towards it. You mentioned novichok, not me, thus bringing that situation into the debate. I then mentioned the alleged chemical attack in Douma for which Russia and Syria were blamed, I was pointing out that, besides there being as yet no evidence to link Russia to Salisbury, there is now proof that no chemical attack took place at Douma.

The two are different sides of the same coin, Novichok and Douma, and the West's response to those two incidents, which included air strikes on Syria in response to a non-existent chemical attack, the fact of which has not been acknowledged by our government, or reported in our media, are imo relevant to how Russia, Russian society and Russian politics will evolve in the future.

I was not flying off at a tangent, as I said, you mentioned novichok, if that was relevant then so was Douma, I was giving a serious response to your original post. I'm sorry you couldn't see it that way.

Putin and Trump are now looking to carve up the world. Trump has now invited his new "bestie" to the White House, that's what's now for Russia...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Putin and Trump are now looking to carve up the world. Trump has now invited his new "bestie" to the White House, that's what's now for Russia...

The Donald is now besties with both Putin and Kim, and us mere mortals can sleep more soundly in our beds, as the prospect of WW3 recedes into the far distance. Jaw jaw is better than war war. Nobel Peace Prize next I expect.

The Donald is now besties with both Putin and Kim, and us mere mortals can sleep more soundly in our beds, as the prospect of WW3 recedes into the far distance. Jaw jaw is better than war war. Nobel Peace Prize next I expect.
    Mark my words sinkov, a new world order is being plotted. Forget G7 and G8, there will be a G3 comprising China, Russia and the US, the rest of us can take sides or go and whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Mark my words sinkov, a new world order is being plotted. Forget G7 and G8, there will be a G3 comprising China, Russia and the US, the rest of us can take sides or go and whistle.

Behave yourself BT, you're sounding like David Icke. The Donald is a disruptor, a wind-up merchant, a ****-stirrer, he can wind up lefties much better than I can. I love him, but nevertheless he's a buffoon, he could no more run a new world order than Bojo or Jeremy.

Behave yourself BT, you're sounding like David Icke. The Donald is a disruptor, a wind-up merchant, a ****-stirrer, he can wind up lefties much better than I can. I love him, but nevertheless he's a buffoon, he could no more run a new world order than Bojo or Jeremy.
    We'll see!

, I need no encouragement.
    To talk absolute *******s, Hitchins FFS!! You lap up your propaganda like a proper lapdog! Lol I suggest you get out of your echo chamber and try to widen your reading.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)