+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bartley

Hefele next? Brick sh it house of a cb
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/we...league-player/

Quote Originally Posted by vikingwarriorking View Post
    Big investment? look where it got us- they know what they are doing/ youi have more belief than me.
    Businessmen do not follow losing causes- especially if it compromises the strategy. Lai wants premier kleague club .
    Sure he can invest- it dod not save us last season and getting out /promoted is no easy trick and very uncertain
    But cashing in is certain - parachute payments, transfers- he'd be at b/even soon
    Hope I'm wrong and you are right but I know where my betting money is and that's no promotion
    The investment was there. The management wasn't.

Since then we've chopped our management. I hope Jenkins and Big Dave can do a bit better than the people in their position last year.

I'm just confused why its all so negative. We finished the season well last year. Dawson has been told he's going nowhere unless its for £20m, which is a figure we would replace him with. We've rejected £4m for McClean and told Stoke our price is £6m. These are not signs of a chairman who wants to recoup his investment quickly.

Next season we have a chance to win something and to be a big fish for a change. There will also be a chance for some younger players to be blooded, they wouldn't get this opportunity if we were still in the prem.

Like I say, if the window shuts and several 1st teamers have been sold and not replaced. Then the board is fair game to criticise. But right now, we just have to sit tight and hope they trade effectively. I know its early but I'm happy with our business so far. And I'm happy with our squad in the Championship as it stands right now. Let's see what the next month brings.

The investment was there. The management wasn't

Succinctly put 123.

I just don't get all this negativity. 20 or so of Championship clubs can't pay the £5 million+ transfers fees we are. Get it right and we have every chance of a good season (wish we would get a wiggle on)

Looking forward to the new season with some new players, some kids playing in the 1st team and some winning football.

COYB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)