+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bartley

Bartley

At last Bartley signs 3year contract I hope for more

Would like to keep Dawson now to partner Bartley and get rid of Hegazi.

I have no idea how good (or bad) Bartley is. I hope this doesn't mean we are going to sell Dawson or Hegazi.

Anyone seen him up close?

As I said earlier in reply to Moore's number 2- quality going down- Bartley in but Dawson out
    And so it continues...... no ambition shown , think owner wants to get out or get money back.
    We are going nowhere- certainly not up and hopefully not down.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I have no idea how good (or bad) Bartley is. I hope this doesn't mean we are going to sell Dawson or Hegazi.

Anyone seen him up close?
    Dawson will go he doesnt want to be there get rid

We only have to sell Dawson if we want to sell him. As far as I know he hasn't got a release clause in his contract and still has a couple of years on it. Hegazi we are led to believe has a £10 million release clause and someone may spark that and he may choose to go. So we can start the season with Dawson in his preferred role of centre back, partnered with Bartley and Fitzwater on the bench. Personally I still think we could have given MacCauley another season as he is still good enough for the Championship, but that has been and gone now.
    Last edited by Joy_Division; 16-07-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingwarriorking View Post
    As I said earlier in reply to Moore's number 2- quality going down- Bartley in but Dawson out
    And so it continues...... no ambition shown , think owner wants to get out or get money back.
    We are going nowhere- certainly not up and hopefully not down.
    That just would not make any sense whatsoever to me. Any businessman would want the most out of their investment. And his best option is for us to be back in the Premiership because of the riches available there. If he wanted to asset strip us, he would have done this already and we'd be more open to offers for Dawson/Rodriguez etc...

We've spent more on player purchases since this owner has been at the club than at anytime in our history. So why people seem to think we will do a 'Sunderland' etc is baffling to me.

Right now, we have to take a step back and hope the people at the club do their jobs well. If come the start of the season we have sold our major players and not replaced them, then yeah - put the boot in. But there's no evidence that is happening to me at the moment.

That just would not make any sense whatsoever to me. Any businessman would want the most out of their investment. And his best option is for us to be back in the Premiership because of the riches available there. If he wanted to asset strip us, he would have done this already and we'd be more open to offers for Dawson/Rodriguez etc...

We've spent more on player purchases since this owner has been at the club than at anytime in our history. So why people seem to think we will do a 'Sunderland' etc is baffling to me.

Right now, we have to take a step back and hope the people at the club do their jobs well. If come the start of the season we have sold our major players and not replaced them, then yeah - put the boot in. But there's no evidence that is happening to me at the moment.
    Businessmen take views- Lai's key was using WBA as flagship brand- now a Championship brand so you are right 2 choices - maintain investment to get promotion- a tough ask and very uncertain as we all know or cash out- that route is certain- parachute payments, premiership players transferred will get his investment back.
    We'll see- hope I'm wrong but happy to have a fiver on no promotion with you

Quote Originally Posted by vikingwarriorking View Post
    Businessmen take views- Lai's key was using WBA as flagship brand- now a Championship brand so you are right 2 choices - maintain investment to get promotion- a tough ask and very uncertain as we all know or cash out- that route is certain- parachute payments, premiership players transferred will get his investment back.
    We'll see- hope I'm wrong but happy to have a fiver on no promotion with you
    I think its too early to make that bet. Completely depends on who stays and who we bring in to replace any players who leave. The way I see it, we've replaced Foster with Johnstone, which is a good move. And we've replaced Evans with Bartley. We were never going to keep Evans and a prime Evans will be hard to replace with anyone, but I'll reserve judgement on Bartley until I see him.

Come back to me when the window shuts. With the current squad I'd back us for a top 6 finish though.

Big investment? look where it got us- they know what they are doing/ youi have more belief than me.
    Businessmen do not follow losing causes- especially if it compromises the strategy. Lai wants premier kleague club .
    Sure he can invest- it dod not save us last season and getting out /promoted is no easy trick and very uncertain
    But cashing in is certain - parachute payments, transfers- he'd be at b/even soon
    Hope I'm wrong and you are right but I know where my betting money is and that's no promotion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)