+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something at ER, doesnt feel Right

Something at ER, doesnt feel Right

This for sure has, up to now, been a very odd early pre-season etc -
    With the never ending saga of Bielsa joining, will he, wont he, host of players linked, both in and out, and a bit of added investment into the club, I was expecting to see & feel a real buzz / energy / passion around the club, but sadly from the outside, it appears flat / motionless and a strange deafening silence from most parties.
    Even Phil Hay, seems to be struggling for something to write!

Bielsa very quiet ( maybe that's his style ), Rads overseas , and Kinnear just repeating his same old spiel - but with the emphasis now on loans, rather the permanent deals.

Maybe this is the clubs new approach, which in some areas is fine ( keeping things underwraps ) but the lack of interaction between the club & supporters, gives the feeling of distance / lack of connection.

We will know more in the next few weeks when the window shuts as to what our ambitions are for this coming season.

Just got this feeling not too much will happen.

Said it on another thread that Bielsa is here to improve what we already have and that in my opinion is a very very risky gamble.

Not going up not going down is my feeling at present.

Can't feckin wait

Said on other threads that I'm not entirely averse to the way things have been happening (or not), this close season.

You're right about Bielsa, but by the same token, we know (from past performance) that if he doesn't get his way, he is very likely to simply walk away. He hasn't, yet.

So, if we have the same coach at seasons start, there are some inescapable conclusions;

1. He is content (not necessarily happy) with the squad "as is"
    2. The club has delivered that which he (Bielsa) had as pre-requisites to his signing up as coach
    3. He (Bielsa) believes that the squad can compete, at least until the winter transfer window, by which time his pre-season analysis will be coupled with real evidence from games played

Ok, so Kinnear couldn't string a consistent message together if his life depended on it, Radrizzani seems to have really enjoyed the World Cup, Bielsa has remained very quiet (for a man of his temperament thats significant all on its own), and we haven't heard much from Orta (yippeee!), most of that is good news (particularly Orta being quiet ) and if not, nothing we can do to change matters.

"Interaction" in the past has usually meant making public pronouncements about rumour and scuttlebutt. I'd prefer the club tell us something when there is something to tell us, not when the YEP, Sky, etc ask for a statement about this that or other other rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Said on other threads that I'm not entirely averse to the way things have been happening (or not), this close season.

You're right about Bielsa, but by the same token, we know (from past performance) that if he doesn't get his way, he is very likely to simply walk away. He hasn't, yet.

So, if we have the same coach at seasons start, there are some inescapable conclusions;

1. He is content (not necessarily happy) with the squad "as is"
    2. The club has delivered that which he (Bielsa) had as pre-requisites to his signing up as coach
    3. He (Bielsa) believes that the squad can compete, at least until the winter transfer window, by which time his pre-season analysis will be coupled with real evidence from games played

Ok, so Kinnear couldn't string a consistent message together if his life depended on it, Radrizzani seems to have really enjoyed the World Cup, Bielsa has remained very quiet (for a man of his temperament thats significant all on its own), and we haven't heard much from Orta (yippeee!), most of that is good news (particularly Orta being quiet ) and if not, nothing we can do to change matters.

"Interaction" in the past has usually meant making public pronouncements about rumour and scuttlebutt. I'd prefer the club tell us something when there is something to tell us, not when the YEP, Sky, etc ask for a statement about this that or other other rumour.
    Or Bielsa could be picking up a tidy financial package which is very appealing due to him being unemployed ?

Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    Or Bielsa could be picking up a tidy financial package which is very appealing due to him being unemployed ?
    I don't think he.is on his uppers.

Do you think this manager would have come to Leeds united if he was only promised to sign loan rangers, there must be a lot of
    transfer dealings going on. one is for sure.

I hope so, the next two weeks need to be busy.........I'm not holding my breath!

Quote Originally Posted by hgatenasty View Post
    Do you think this manager would have come to Leeds united if he was only promised to sign loan rangers, there must be a lot of
    transfer dealings going on. one is for sure.
    Whatever the promises, he's still with us, so maybe he has (or is getting), what he wanted.

Despite the rhetoric and perceptions of what investing in a so called 'big name' like Bielsa might signal, it's really no change; we spent big last season (and it failed) and now it's a season of austerity and we're still wedded to this idea that a foreign coach with no experience of English leagues let alone the Championship is somehow going to be successful. I've read somewhere that we are being well backed for promotion this year, I don't know who is backing us but they don't know much about LUFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Despite the rhetoric and perceptions of what investing in a so called 'big name' like Bielsa might signal, it's really no change; we spent big last season (and it failed) and now it's a season of austerity and we're still wedded to this idea that a foreign coach with no experience of English leagues let alone the Championship is somehow going to be successful. I've read somewhere that we are being well backed for promotion this year, I don't know who is backing us but they don't know much about LUFC.
    In our terms we spent 'big' but in reality compared to top championship clubs our net spend was very low.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)