+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to shareholders...

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    I honestly believe it was a meeting of minds and a genuine partnership, intending to take us forward. Both - butcespecially HRH - must have been devastated by the failure to get promoted from L1 and lose their money on funding losses. Frustration creeps in in business partnerships, U've seen it al all levels over the years, but I believe, and said at the time, the Van Winkel appointment was the straw that broke the camels back. Twirlo can give more info on Wilders reaction to that, but I believe it was far from positive, a possible resigning issue which McCabe headed off at the pass.

In any event, all this has done is air dirty washing. The big case is yet to come. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but my opinion is the Prince won't pay the price for BL and Shirecliffe because despite the initial agreement, he feels the price is too high. He should have thought of that before. Diluting his shareholding, to UTB 2018, a company he apparently controls, I'd devious to say the least.
    Him taking over without us resident at BL, well, he may as well not even bother for me.

McCabe is as much to blame over the recent court matter though. More so in fact imo.

Unlike some I can bring myself to share the blame, even in unequal measures.
    Thanks for that H. I’ve got to say that right now I’m defaulting to ‘let’s at least have a club to support’ mode and I hope that HRH gets on his bike whatever it takes. I don’t rate McCabe and never will as everybody knows, but I think the Prince’s agenda is dangerous.

The fact that McCabe brought him onboard and whether sufficient due diligence was done is a question that needs to be asked when this mess is sorted and the club is stable.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    The fact that McCabe brought him onboard and whether sufficient due diligence was done is a question that needs to be asked when this mess is sorted and the club is stable.
    Don't know any form of due diligence that will pick up that someone is going to change their mind several years into an agreement.

Its really unfortunate that this is happening, but now we are here, we're just going to have to ride out the storm and hope for a good outcome. I am sure though...this is a messy, no-holds barred dispute and it will get worse before it gets better....

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Don't know any form of due diligence that will pick up that someone is going to change their mind several years into an agreement.

Its really unfortunate that this is happening, but now we are here, we're just going to have to ride out the storm and hope for a good outcome. I am sure though...this is a messy, no-holds barred dispute and it will get worse before it gets better....
    All this wi the owners is over my head but if Tufty walks throught this,the bobbar really will hit the fan,so to speak.To say it's very frustratin is a understatement.UTCB

This dispute is much bigger and more important than if CW stays or leaves, or who we might buy in this summer. It's the ownership of the club, and ending up with the right result (and i'm still not sure which way that is..) is everything for our future.

This dispute is much bigger and more important than if CW stays or leaves, or who we might buy in this summer. It's the ownership of the club, and ending up with the right result (and i'm still not sure which way that is..) is everything for our future.
    Yeah i get that Pops,still be terrible if Tufty walked tho.UTCB

It would e good to hear something positive like what investors each party has lined up should they win control. The fans need to see a way forward from this complete mess.

That's why it's absolutely imperative that any kind of co-ownership like this is done properly with legal advice, water-tight contracts and clearly set-out expectations from all parties. Deals of this magnitude are simply not done after a chance encounter at an airport and a gentlemen's handshake, and I am amazed that a businessman of KMc's experience allowed it to happen. Unless, of course, this is the way he usually does things and he's been incredibly lucky so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    That's why it's absolutely imperative that any kind of co-ownership like this is done properly with legal advice, water-tight contracts and clearly set-out expectations from all parties. Deals of this magnitude are simply not done after a chance encounter at an airport and a gentlemen's handshake, and I am amazed that a businessman of KMc's experience allowed it to happen. Unless, of course, this is the way he usually does things and he's been incredibly lucky so far.
    Are we safe in assuming that the deal was done without legal advice, or due diligence (water tight contracts don't exist...) or clear expectations from all parties? Maybe HRH is cutting up rough because Kev didn't make it clear that HRH was expected to pick up half the tab while we got relegated and had five years in L1 for example.

A lot is made of the initial meeting between them, but random and chance meeting happens all the time in business. It's called networking. I've done good deals with people I met randomly, sometimes in unrelated circumstances. That in itself doesn't mean that it was poorly thought out or that what followed was done in a casual manner. You shake hands on the deal in principle, in the bar at the airport lounge or by the swimming pool and then you send them a 30 page contract when you get back to the office. Nothing wrong with that.

What we have here is a falling out, a big falling out, in that way that you hope it doesn't happen, and unfortunately, winning regardless of collateral damage is the only thing that matters now.

Boardroom battle=on field woe

big business men = big egos

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast