+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to shareholders...

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Is it not reasonable to assume that a contractual stipulation that the appointment of any key staff would have to be ratified by both parties should have been in place? If KMc (and Wilder) were unhappy about Van Winkel's appointment, KMc could then just have vetoed it (and vice versa, if McC tried to bring in anyone the Prince was unhappy with).
    Doesn't go into detail. But your comments make sense. However it's Sheffield United.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I'm surprised that his counsel are advising him to release statements that are potentially damaging to the club. There again, there's a lot about law that continues to surprise me.

Has anyone asked McNulty for his opinions? A man of his experience and knowledge must have lots to tell us.
    He's studying social media pics of both parties as we speak and will no doubt deliver a comprehensive assessment of both kmac and HRH and probably will be able to tell us which way this case will go,he's bloody good you know

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Doesn't go into detail. But your comments make sense. However it's Sheffield United.
    Ha! Good point.

For a neutral, this would make fascinating reading (especially if you have any interest in sport and the law). Why does it have to be my team though

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    He's studying social media pics of both parties as we speak and will no doubt deliver a comprehensive assessment of both kmac and HRH and probably will be able to tell us which way this case will go,he's bloody good you know

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    There will be no agreement in the coming weeks Gray. The Skeleton Arguments paint a picture of two sides who detest each other. The Princes SA states that KM intends to wage a war of attrition designed to force the Prince to incur additional expenditure in the hope he will pull out because he does not have the necessary funds to continue. One example given is KM's team stating they see a Court Hearing lasting 25 days with at least 10 key witnesses called by the KM team alone, a very long protracted and costly affair. This will go into next year and possibly beyond should it be Appealed.

The worst case scenario will have to be thought about that being that the Club could go under whilst these two fight it out in Court. Having said that there would be nothing left to fight about so we may only survive during this period by further sales of assets to finance day to day running costs. That will affect CW's position and ultimately performances on the pitch. We will do well to stay in the Championship this season with all that is going on.

There are three parties to this dispute KM, the Prince and the supporters. The sooner the fans distance themselves from the 2 owners the sooner the Club can retain its identity. In doing so that may keep the likes of CW here for a while.
    Danger of insolvency and McCabe is back in court again with a similar case saying. "I told you so".

With the sale of UTB shares and the timing thereof, no one is in a place to shout "unfair".

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Dr. McNulty QC ?

The court documents state the problems arose over Van Winkels appointment, as I and others said at the time. Nothing good was ever going to come out of that.

I would like to see how anyone suggesting McCabe should have seen this coming when the deal was signed arrive at that view.
    Can’t disagree with that and also what Bully says H. My point was based upon a personal feeling that things were not as they should be behind the scenes, nothing more. The odd comment from Wilder, last summer’s and the January window, even McCabe’s own persona and the odd throwaway comments that we all hear now and again. It’s hard to quantify mate, like you say Van Winkle coming onboard was probably the or one of the catalysts to the current situation, but between HRH, Jim Phipps, Baki and the rest, I’ve just didn’t think they were convincing once the dust had settled.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Just been dealing with my mum's estate and been charged £60.00 for a lost share certificate when selling them so ypu'd be lucky to break even , with the sales commission, if you did get rid Aya.

I'd hang on to them, like the Titanic shares, someone might want one some day.
    aah - I'll put the Caribean cruise on hold for now then

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Judge ruled he cant compel the other party to invest so the only alternative is to sell the likes of Fleck and Oconnell. If that happens CW is likely to go as will a large proportion of the fan base. The winner will not have much left to inherit at this rate. Wonder who is going to jump first and put some money in?
    Based on the current financial position. That may change. Being insolvent and insolvency proceedings aren't quite the same thing though. As you say, no winners.

Based on the current financial position. That may change. Being insolvent and insolvency proceedings aren't quite the same thing though. As you say, no winners.
    If, big if I hope, the situation between the two can't be resolved, amicably or otherwise, what's the worst case scenario and what's a likely one H?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast