+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to shareholders...

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    The skeletons seem to be coming out of the cupboard TT, but Giansiracusa accusing Kev of being a “... bully with an extraordinarily sense of entitlement” seems harsh...
    He's been closer to him longer than either of us GB and, maybe the avuncular Bigger Blade veneer drops when push comes to shove.

It's a right mess and now,for once not through his football ineptitude, he's making us a laughing stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Firstly you have to ask why KM feels its necessary to hold this meeting, well its not a meeting is it its just an opportunity for him to put his case, one side of the story in the hope he will get the fan base on his side. Secondly the letter not only refers to the Court transcript but also the Skeleton Arguments of both parties. Again you have to ask why is it necessary to bring the SA's out into the open unless there is a desire to try and discredit the opposition.

Frankly the SA's reinforce my view that neither are fit to run the Club. The Arguments, have to say particularly KM's, are **** stirring of the lowest order a fact recognised by the Judge. On the one hand KM is suggesting the Prince is carrying out illegal practices without any evidence to support this and on the other KM is being called a dishonest bully with an extraordinary sense of entitlement whose actions in wanting to change a Financial Managers contract were almost certainly illegal.

The Clubs transfer budget is now there for all and sundry to see, no wonder we are struggling to get players over the line. The £2 million figure that everyone is panicking about is £2 million towards permanent signing fees, it doesn't include additional wages of up to another £5 million which indicates we are doing most of our business this window in the loan market.

Use of the word deadlocked in the letter is embarrassing. BLL is dealt with on a 50/50 basis. That means both owners should be making and agreeing decisions a fact recognised by the Princes Skeleton that makes the point that is the basis on which the Prince signed up to invest in the Club. The very fact it comes out that KM didn't tell the Prince he was negotiating an increase in budget and an improved contract with CW confirms that KM's view of this arrangement is that he Prince is entitled to put the money in but not be allowed to be a party to decision making, bizarre.

No good will come of this. Highlighting the fact CW has a compensation clause in his contract, one party saying we are struggling financially the other saying we aren't and references to individual spats on both sides will only serve to undermine the future stability of the Club. I just wish they'd both disappear and stop the good name of SUFC being dragged through the mud again.
    This is just the start. This is over funding and SU asking - and failing - for an order to be made forcing UTB to put money in to protect the club from insolvency.

As for the uni SULtd and accusations, McCabe does say why he believes the bribe comment to be true, third parties involvement and the reasons behind it. Quite astonishing really but not the "your mothers fat" approach the lawyer has adopted. The transfer of shares to UTB2018 seems devious in that while it may prove to be acceptably legal, its outside the spirit of the original agreement.

It's not hard to form the opinion that HRH may not want the property assets, especially with the differing valuations with/without a lease. £20m difference apparently. That's a lot of money when your it seems trying to screw your business partner for £1.5m. Hardly pay the legal bills.

What a **** up. This year could've been the year we gave it a proper go. We've consolidated in the Championship and look a solid outfit.

The Brooks money (plus the increased budget we were lead to believe was available) could've added the quality we needed to restart and maintain a promotion challenge.

BUT NO! A sniff of ****ing success and both owners turn into bellends, pushing their clueless, selfish agendas. What a ****ing shower!

If Wilder walks, we'll be back at square one with KM playing guess the ****ing manager again - meanwhile, Wilder will be turning someone like Leeds into world beaters.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    He's been closer to him longer than either of us GB and, maybe the avuncular Bigger Blade veneer drops when push comes to shove.

It's a right mess and now,for once not through his football ineptitude, he's making us a laughing stock.
    Balanced as ever. Add it to your repertoire TT.

How anyone expected this to go down any differently is a fool. They fell out over Van Winkel - as I and others said at the time. We could have already lost Wilder over it. McCabe appears to have gone outside his remit to make sure we didn't, but of course, there's only one villain tying the club to the tracks as the Relegation Express approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Balanced as ever. Add it to your repertoire TT.

How anyone expected this to go down any differently is a fool. They fell out over Van Winkel - as I and others said at the time. We could have already lost Wilder over it. McCabe appears to have gone outside his remit to make sure we didn't, but of course, there's only one villain tying the club to the tracks as the Relegation Express approaches.
    They are both a holes Holden , it’s just that one of them has been a bigger a hole for a lot longer .

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    They are both a holes Holden , it’s just that one of them has been a bigger a hole for a lot longer .
    Back of the net,Hole in one, match point etc etc there Chingo.

It’s so annoying , the manager to take United places is there and if they kept their heads down and given wilder a sensible budget they maybe would have had a premier league club to sell in 12 months time and both be quids in.

Instead they both try and do each other and might end up with nowt , and they are supposed to be the clever ones .

Another first for United.

Other club’s only have an one inept owner who drives the fans to despair, but we manage to have two onboard at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    This is just the start. This is over funding and SU asking - and failing - for an order to be made forcing UTB to put money in to protect the club from insolvency.

As for the uni SULtd and accusations, McCabe does say why he believes the bribe comment to be true, third parties involvement and the reasons behind it. Quite astonishing really but not the "your mothers fat" approach the lawyer has adopted. The transfer of shares to UTB2018 seems devious in that while it may prove to be acceptably legal, its outside the spirit of the original agreement.

It's not hard to form the opinion that HRH may not want the property assets, especially with the differing valuations with/without a lease. £20m difference apparently. That's a lot of money when your it seems trying to screw your business partner for £1.5m. Hardly pay the legal bills.
    Question H, I’m more operations than finance as you know mate.

In your opinion, has this issue simply been caused by the pair’s fall out or was it always coming anyway? I’m just thinking back to season before the Prince came onboard and how all the financial shutters had been pulled down by McCabe. Things were obviously really tight back then but since then, we’ve continued developing the stadium and capping the ticket prices etc. which I find a bit confusing after reading some of the stuff in the report.

Basically, have they screwed us between them or was the business plan always going to end in tears with or without the Prince?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Question H, I’m more operations than finance as you know mate.

In your opinion, has this issue simply been caused by the pair’s fall out or was it always coming anyway? I’m just thinking back to season before the Prince came onboard and how all the financial shutters had been pulled down by McCabe. Things were obviously really tight back then but since then, we’ve continued developing the stadium and capping the ticket prices etc. which I find a bit confusing after reading some of the stuff in the report.

Basically, have they screwed us between them or was the business plan always going to end in tears with or without the Prince?
    I honestly believe it was a meeting of minds and a genuine partnership, intending to take us forward. Both - butcespecially HRH - must have been devastated by the failure to get promoted from L1 and lose their money on funding losses. Frustration creeps in in business partnerships, U've seen it al all levels over the years, but I believe, and said at the time, the Van Winkel appointment was the straw that broke the camels back. Twirlo can give more info on Wilders reaction to that, but I believe it was far from positive, a possible resigning issue which McCabe headed off at the pass.

In any event, all this has done is air dirty washing. The big case is yet to come. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but my opinion is the Prince won't pay the price for BL and Shirecliffe because despite the initial agreement, he feels the price is too high. He should have thought of that before. Diluting his shareholding, to UTB 2018, a company he apparently controls, I'd devious to say the least.
    Him taking over without us resident at BL, well, he may as well not even bother for me.

McCabe is as much to blame over the recent court matter though. More so in fact imo.

Unlike some I can bring myself to share the blame, even in unequal measures.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast