+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to shareholders...

My letter arrived this morning, and I’m hoping to attend.
    Any other BMers going?
    Anyone got a cunning plan for recognising each other so that we can put faces to names and/or have an exchange of views between ourselves before or immediately after the meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Any other BMers going?
    Anyone got a cunning plan for recognising each other so that we can put faces to names and/or have an exchange of views between ourselves before or immediately after the meeting?
    Can we appoint you BMs Chief Reporter Ronald,and you can fill us in on what occurs at this meeting?

Bully says have whatever food and drink you require,he will reimburse you

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Any other BMers going?
    ha ha Ronnie - would love to attend but am currently on my 4th call of the morning trying to ascertain where my letter is

SUFC over to Scarborough over to Link Asset (although initially given wrong number)............currently holding and not holding out much hope?!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    This dispute is much bigger and more important than if CW stays or leaves, or who we might buy in this summer. It's the ownership of the club, and ending up with the right result (and i'm still not sure which way that is..) is everything for our future.
    And if at the end of it all when the final appeals have been exhausted will there still a football club left to support? How long can a major loss making business stay afloat without external income once there’s nothing or nobody left to sell?

I think that unless there’s and unlikely out of court agreement between them in the coming weeks, the best case scenario is that this will decimate the attendances that have been steadily building to current impressive levels and knock the club back years. The worst case hardly bears thinking about.

On reflection having slept on it, I also think that it’s wrong to assume that McCabe is the good guy in all this (or the best of the 2 baddies). Currently fans and shareholders are mainly hearing one side of the story and he's telling it.
    Last edited by GrayBlade; 17-07-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    And if at the end of it all when the final appeals have been exhausted will there still a football club left to support? How long can a major loss making business stay afloat without external income once there’s nothing or nobody left to sell?

I think that unless there’s and unlikely out of court agreement between them in the coming weeks, the best case scenario is that this will decimate the attendances that have been steadily building to current impressive levels and knock the club back years. The worst case hardly bears thinking about.

On reflection having slept on it, I also think that it’s wrong to assume that McCabe is the good guy in all this (or the best of the 2 baddies). Currently fans and shareholders are mainly hearing one side of the story and he's telling it.
    All good points, Gray. I don't think there is a good guy, either - neither side seem to be covering themselves in glory, although it's possible that the Prince's silence is more about retaining dignity and having taken legal advice than anything else.

The irony of the club ending up absolutely screwed after years of austerity defended by 'at least we have a club' arguments would be hilarious, if it wasn't our club at risk.

That's because he has fellow shareholders.

Well not quite, he has a captive audience he wants to get behind him. I can see him at some point making revelations which will sour the fans relationship with the both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    That's because he has fellow shareholders.

Well not quite, he has a captive audience he wants to get behind him. I can see him at some point making revelations which will sour the fans relationship with the both of them.
    Do you think he has legal counsel advising him here? Because I'd be surprised if any lawyer worth his salt was telling him that being so open when the matter is ongoing is anything but a dangerous idea. But equally he obviously has a lawyer present at the meetings. It's very odd.

In football parlance isn't that called getting your retaliation in first?

Regardless of who's to blame in this instance there is one constant factor over the past 20 or so years, someone tinged with 'bad luck'

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    In football parlance isn't that called getting your retaliation in first?

Regardless of who's to blame in this instance there is one constant factor over the past 20 or so years, someone tinged with 'bad luck'
    Well at least the one constant got lucky wi the last managerial appointment dint he? It's a shambolic situation they've got themselves in wiout doubt. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Well at least the one constant got lucky wi the last managerial appointment dint he? It's a shambolic situation they've got themselves in wiout doubt. UTCB
    And the saddest part of it all is that they could have achieved so much more with a bit more vision, patience and work. I have no doubt that we could have spent a modest amount this season and got promoted. As it is, they've both chucked their toys out of the pram and jeopardised not just the future of the best manager we've had in a long time, but the future of the club itself.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast