+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to shareholders...

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    If they're the SUT ones traded on the London Stock Exchange, they're worth 6.5p each so £65.
    they're Ordinary Shares - ie the old ones ....

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Who did you ring aya the club ? I have shares but they haven't been in contact since I moved the time before so need my details updating
    to save you a lot of time bully - don't phone the club, they pass you over to Scarborough, who in turn pass you over to Link Asset Management - but the wrong number.

So ring 0371 6640330.......the lady I spoke to could help straight away - but you need your previous address and Investor Code. Worth doing if you've moved like me.

ps - hope all goes well with your Mrs - sorry to hear she's not good again.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Another first for United.

Other club’s only have an one inept owner who drives the fans to despair, but we manage to have two onboard at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    It would e good to hear something positive like what investors each party has lined up should they win control. The fans need to see a way forward from this complete mess.
    Without a doubt (IMO) they kept a lid on all the bad news until the bulk of the season tickets were sold which I agree is standard practice with most clubs. What has happened by going public and revealing just what a mess we’re in is that I think most fan’s expectations will have bombed to such a level that they’ll see keeping Wilder and most of the better players together plus survival in the Championship as success.

So I don’t think that there’s any good or positive news to had right now, in fact I’m not convinced that we’ve heard the last of the bad. Ronnie’s new ITK contact might be right but hey, there are wages to pay.

That should say just re asked can't change it on my phone you'll have to wait till I can get on my tablet for the explanation
    Don't rush, Bully. Like we've all said, there are some things more important than football. All the best to you and your Mrs and I hope things get better soon.

Btw I think I know how all this has come about I got some info a few month ago and forgot about it ive just erased and got the just of it I'll post it later when I have time off to see the mrs she's in NGH again
    Thinking about you both mate.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Without a doubt (IMO) they kept a lid on all the bad news until the bulk of the season tickets were sold which I agree is standard practice with most clubs. What has happened by going public and revealing just what a mess we’re in is that I think most fan’s expectations will have bombed to such a level that they’ll see keeping Wilder and most of the better players together plus survival in the Championship as success.

So I don’t think that there’s any good or positive news to had right now, in fact I’m not convinced that we’ve heard the last of the bad. Ronnie’s new ITK contact might be right but hey, there are wages to pay.
    The trouble with burying bad news like that is that there's only a finite amount of trust and goodwill amongst fans before they entirely lose patience. How many times have we had this before around season ticket renewal time and then things go tits up once the club have the money safely in the bank?

With a ****-up of this colossal scale it's possible that whichever combination of owners comes out of the other side will have used up all their goodwill and will be faced with an angry, or even worse, disengaged set of fans and all the hard work that's been done over the years in building up the fanbase (and well done to KMc for that) will be wasted.

The more I think about it the sadder it is. How did we get to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    The trouble with burying bad news like that is that there's only a finite amount of trust and goodwill amongst fans before they entirely lose patience. How many times have we had this before around season ticket renewal time and then things go tits up once the club have the money safely in the bank?

With a ****-up of this colossal scale it's possible that whichever combination of owners comes out of the other side will have used up all their goodwill and will be faced with an angry, or even worse, disengaged set of fans and all the hard work that's been done over the years in building up the fanbase (and well done to KMc for that) will be wasted.

The more I think about it the sadder it is. How did we get to this?
    We need to be careful what we say or how we word things, and I know it’s easy to be wise after the event, but my gut feeling for years has been that things aren’t right behind the scenes and that feeling certainly increasesed over the last season. The signs were there if we think back. It’s a bit like the comedians’ running our country and their abject opposition party. They tell us what they want us to hear when it suits them and kick the bad news down the road. Just like our politicians, it’s more about the individuals and their egos than the whole. It’s a bloody mess that needn’t have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    to save you a lot of time bully - don't phone the club, they pass you over to Scarborough, who in turn pass you over to Link Asset Management - but the wrong number.

So ring 0371 6640330.......the lady I spoke to could help straight away - but you need your previous address and Investor Code. Worth doing if you've moved like me.

ps - hope all goes well with your Mrs - sorry to hear she's not good again.
    Thanks aya I'll have to dig them out no idea what the investor code is. This s the 3rd time in a month she's been admitted sailed a bit too close to the wind last time but I think we're heading for safer waters now

Ok then this was quite a long winded story originally which is probably why I couldn't remember it all anyway the shortened version of it is that a deal was agreed for the prince to buy Kev out however this triggered a clause stating the prince then had to purchase the ground shirecliffe and abbéydale etc,this is when things got tricky cos unbeknown to Kev the prince had sold a % of his shares and reckons cos he had done that it didn't trigger the clause as he wasn't holding all the shares,obviously Kev thinks HRH is trying it on and HRH thinks he's done nowt wrong either way to me it sounds like kevs been worked one . All this of course is alleged (to cover myself) but I know where it's come from and how it's come to me

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast