+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to shareholders...

Letter to shareholders...

Can't read that as it's too small, and I'm not a member of S24SU - any chance someone could summarise?

Thanks

Read this, in particular paragraph 3. I hope that's not what I think it is? £2m?

How or why CW is still here is anyone's guess?

https://shepwedd.com/sites/default/f...%2020.6.18.pdf

Can someone explain to me how we can be in for Hogan, Gallagher and even Egan with no money available to spend?
    Last edited by blades58; 16-07-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Read this, in particular paragraph 3. I hope that's not what I think it is? £2m?

How or why CW is still here is anyone's guess?

https://shepwedd.com/sites/default/f...%2020.6.18.pdf

Can someone explain to me how we can be in for Hogan, Gallagher and even Egan with no money available to spend?
    Christ al-****ing-mighty. How do we manage to screw things up so consistently? It must be this 'bad luck' that McCabe is always talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Christ al-****ing-mighty. How do we manage to screw things up so consistently? It must be this 'bad luck' that McCabe is always talking about...
    Who was it that said we now have a Championship mid table-ish transfer budget?

Can't read that as it's too small, and I'm not a member of S24SU - any chance someone could summarise?

Thanks
    Same here.
    Has anyone else received this letter? I haven’t (yet). No report in the Star. Nothing on the os. No facsimile signature.
    Are we sure it is genuine?

If it is, and mine finally arrives, will happily summarise for everyone else who can’t read it.

Thanks
    Just click the link CD and it’ll take you to the letter in the OP mate. No need to be a member to view.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Same here.
    Has anyone else received this letter? I haven’t (yet). No report in the Star. Nothing on the os. No facsimile signature.
    Are we sure it is genuine?

If it is, and mine finally arrives, will happily summarise for everyone else who can’t read it.
    Just click the link above the picture Ronnie to view the letter.

Initially, I believed that the 2/2.5m that was being injected into the club by the owners was to cover running costs, but the following statement seems to discount that (unless CW's budget is currently at £2m and the owners have assured him another £2.5 - still a far throw from the £10m we were lead to believe):

"A budget of £2m has been allocated to the manager to purchase new players in this
    transfer window. If that budget is not available for any reason, the Defendant believes
    that the stability of the club could be seriously prejudiced with the risk of substantial
    consequential harm."

The HUGE sticking point here is that the owners CANNOT agree on how to fund the club without going to court. This is really is a massive issue for us and, I'm afraid, spells the end of any big-name transfers we were hoping for.

With this in mind, it would be suicide to sell any further players as we will simply not be able to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Just click the link CD and it’ll take you to the letter in the OP mate. No need to be a member to view.
    You need to be logged in to view it, Gray. I get an error telling me so when I click the image on S2.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast