+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10th or better

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    With the lack of investment so far I'd be glad of anywhere bar a relegation struggle, sick of looking over my shoulder.
    Looking over ya shoulder eh!
    Why did you move to Canada?

Only jesting marra..

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I'd like to make a decision on that after the window closes
    Sorry, yes - i was basing on now. It might change when the window closes, i really hope it does but i fear it won't.

I reckon 17th would be an achievment if we dont spend....

Phucking pathetic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Looking over ya shoulder eh!
    Why did you move to Canada?

Only jesting marra..
    Well, if you must know it was the usual, no f'cking work here. It was the mid seventies and absolutely dire here man as I'm sure you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Well, if you must know it was the usual, no f'cking work here. It was the mid seventies and absolutely dire here man as I'm sure you know.
    Aye the mid seventies,not our best time as a country.
    One of the lads from the village,where I now live.He took his wife and bairn oot there in 2009,he came back for a visit in 2015.He says it's the best thing he ever did.Think he's oot Vancouver way.

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Aye the mid seventies,not our best time as a country.
    One of the lads from the village,where I now live.He took his wife and bairn oot there in 2009,he came back for a visit in 2015.He says it's the best thing he ever did.Think he's oot Vancouver way.
    I'm on the other side, he's about a five day drive away from me. Can't complain about coming here, the country has been good to me although you never forget where you come from, I've still got my Geordie accent after all this time.

I thought of moving in the seventies,I was an engineer in the Merchant Navy and had visited all the Commonwealth countries as well as the USA in fact all the usual places to emigrate.
    I really liked South Africa and had an application form for a job there,then the Soweto killings in 1976 along with a hot summers leave made me change my mind.
    I struggled in the early 80s but from 1985 I always had a decent job and could afford to retire at 60 year old with no mortgage and a holiday apartment on the Black Sea.
    You never know how things will pan out when you make big decisions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)