+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gun has gone off and were still at the starting line...

Gun has gone off and were still at the starting line...

That's how it looks with your transfer activity at the moment.

The latest report now is that we've confirmed we are interested in Sam Clucas, but no deal is imminent... NOT BLOODY IMMINENT?? Surely at this stage, our transfer negotiations should be way down the line??

Up until now I had felt relatively patient about things, but that report today hasn't sat well with me.

I have no inside knowledge, but something doesn't seem quite right to be honest. We knew that our season would be starting earlier this year, so what the hell are we waiting for?

The wife tells me my gun has gone off and she hasn't even hit the starting line nearly all the time. I just tell her to keep patient, it will all work out OK soon!

Permission not to worry about this please. It is yet another thing over which I have no control and the club seems to have survived the 68 years I have been watching them without my worrying unduly -----apart from 9 May 1987 when it wasn't worry ---it was sheer bloody panic!

That bloody market, it keeps moving. Far too rapidly for us it seems.

A week into the transfer window...."Don't worry, still 11 weeks to go".

A month into the transfer window..."Don't worry, still 8 weeks to go."

Two months into the transfer window..."Don't worry, the World Cup hasn't finished yet."

World Cup finishes......."Don't worry, still 25 days to go before the deadline."

August 9, 2018..........."We tried hard but could not quite get our targets over the line, but apart from Ben Mee we did not lose anyone we wanted to keep."

NB: Who will send out the e-mail on August 8 to agents appealing for players (especially CHs who are not already fixed up).
    Last edited by lancyclaret; 16-07-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lancyclaret View Post
    A week into the transfer window...."Don't worry, still 11 weeks to go".

A month into the transfer window..."Don't worry, still 8 weeks to go."

Two months into the transfer window..."Don't worry, the World Cup hasn't finished yet."

World Cup finishes......."Don't worry, still 25 days to go before the deadline."

August 9, 2018..........."We tried hard but could not quite get our targets over the line, but apart from Ben Mee we did not lose anyone we wanted to keep."

NB: Who will send out the e-mail on August 8 to agents appealing for players (especially CHs who are not already fixed up).
    On the plus side, just think of the state of the Dry Powder Room...

Attachment 10313

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)