+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sammon signs on loan

Sammon signs on loan

Conor Sammon has signed on loan from Hearts for the season.

If we punt Bowman it seems a sideways switch, if we don't...can you have less than one dimension to your play?!?

“I’m delighted to have added Conor to our squad,” manager Stephen Robinson said of the acquisition.

“I’ve been keen to add another option in the striking department and he will fit our style of play perfectly.”

Mmm.

We must now carry the largest squad for several years. Hopefully that will carry us through the busy spells ahead.

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news...84/index.shtml

I can’t see any benefit to signing Conor Sammon and think we’re becoming a retirement home for players from Northern Ireland. Pheckin pointless signing and surely better in Scottish lower leagues, i.e. Darren Smith. Bench warmer at best and a wasted salary.
    Last edited by dasdeid; 16-07-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Not impressed one bit with this signing if I'm honest. With Main & Bowman we have two hard working forward players who aren't prolific goalscorers but would probably benefit greatly from being a foil to one. I'm afraid Connor Sammon just doesn't fit the bill here. The wrong side of 30, laboured and himself isn't a goalscorer, so how he fits into the side and how he improves us I just don't see.

Obviously best of luck to him and as long as he wears a Motherwell jersey he will get my support, but I see shades of Gerry Britton and Callum Elliot with this signing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)