+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Website not secure.

Website not secure.

Just a heads up to the Administrators and posters.

If you log out and try to log in again using an Apple PC or handheld, you will see a “Website not Secure” message in the Address Bar at the top of the screen. Apple security obviously think that there’s an issue with the site because it’s not encrypted so I thought I’d make everybody aware.

If you want to take a look at the link below it’ll explain the warning in more detail.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208672

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Just a heads up to the Administrators and posters.

If you log out and try to log in again using an Apple PC or handheld, you will see a “Website not Secure” message in the Address Bar at the top of the screen. Apple security obviously think that there’s an issue with the site because it’s not encrypted so I thought I’d make everybody aware.

If you want to take a look at the link below it’ll explain the warning in more detail.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208672
    Cheers Gray Yes, and this will become more evident over the coming months.

It's up to the network to buy and impliment SSL certificates but, due to the cost of this, I doubt whether we'll get one.

I suggest everyone on here DOES NOT use the same username/email and password on here for anything else, as it's open to interception. I don't think this site stores any other personal info, so hopefully we shouldn't have any bother.

Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    Cheers Gray Yes, and this will become more evident over the coming months.

It's up to the network to buy and impliment SSL certificates but, due to the cost of this, I doubt whether we'll get one.

I suggest everyone on here DOES NOT use the same username/email and password on here for anything else, as it's open to interception. I don't think this site stores any other personal info, so hopefully we shouldn't have any bother.
    Wise words JT. It still surprisedps me how often people use the same password (or slight variations of) for several accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Premierblade View Post
    indeed you are right sir.