+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Derry steps

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    This evening I was at Dens to pay my respects in the Alan Gilzean Lounge where Gillie’s coffin was lying.
    I spoke to Jim Thomson who informed me that the hoses lying near the top of the Derry steps are being used to hose down the seats and the hoses will no longer be there after the end of this week.
    Well done islaydarkblue ! , I wonder if Jim Thomson ever has a look from the Dens Road side.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Well done islaydarkblue ! , I wonder if Jim Thomson ever has a look from the Dens Road side.

Deacon, curious....do you sit in the Derry?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Deacon, curious....do you sit in the Derry?
    Yes I do , my grandson and me are season ticket holders, and we will be there on Sunday.

Yes I do , my grandson and me are season ticket holders, and we will be there on Sunday.
    What's your thoughts on the stairway that's opened and entry and exit round the back?

The decline (for me) in the last 5 or 6 years has been a joke but might just be me em a wee bit OCD a boot things being tidy even if it's auld.

What's your thoughts on the stairway that's opened and entry and exit round the back?

The decline (for me) in the last 5 or 6 years has been a joke but might just be me em a wee bit OCD a boot things being tidy even if it's auld.
    If you stand on Dens road and look at the Derry, it's not a good advert for Dundee football club.
    Both of the main gates have plates welded to them which are all rusted and distorted, if the plates were removed, even that would look better. It just looks like total neglect, I was going to post a photo, but don't know how to do it, ( been dragged, screaming and shouting into the 21st century !)
    The existing main steps are ok, when you get to the top, I used to walk through the Derry to my seat, now you have to turn left and
    negotiate the chicane, which is a bottle neck when you come out especially when it's pissing doon.
    I agree with you regarding the safety certificate, the other end of the Derry is open, and I would have thought that would have been another means of escape. If you went down the steps now, there would be multiple casualties !!!
    I know they don't want to spend money on the ground, but as long as your using the stadium you have to maintain it.
    I moved from the Bobby cox a few years ago, because the Derry is the best place to see the game

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You went to pay your respects to Gillie but couldn't resist bothering Jim with nonsense like that whilst you were there?
    For your information when I noticed this topic on Dundee Mad I send an email to the club and I happened to meet Jim Thomson prior to going through to the Alan Gilzean Lounge to pay my respects.
    Eventually you will realise that instead of ‘mumbling and moaning’ on this forum I try to grt things done.
    Alternatively I could have just kept quiet as I had dealt with the matter and I knew the answer to my question but I thought, perhaps wrongly that I would post the latest up to date information.
    I must admit that I prefer posting my expert knowledge on golf courses and eating out in South Kintyre on this forum rather than have a poster criticising me trying to find out when the hoses will be removed from the Derry steps (a.k.a. the Stairway to Heaven).

If you stand on Dens road and look at the Derry, it's not a good advert for Dundee football club.
    Both of the main gates have plates welded to them which are all rusted and distorted, if the plates were removed, even that would look better. It just looks like total neglect, I was going to post a photo, but don't know how to do it, ( been dragged, screaming and shouting into the 21st century !)
    The existing main steps are ok, when you get to the top, I used to walk through the Derry to my seat, now you have to turn left and
    negotiate the chicane, which is a bottle neck when you come out especially when it's pissing doon.
    I agree with you regarding the safety certificate, the other end of the Derry is open, and I would have thought that would have been another means of escape. If you went down the steps now, there would be multiple casualties !!!
    I know they don't want to spend money on the ground, but as long as your using the stadium you have to maintain it.
    I moved from the Bobby cox a few years ago, because the Derry is the best place to see the game
    Good post.

The Derry is the best place to watch the game.

Agree with everything you've posted maybe bar steps are "ok".

What I've found is they are ok for the opening game (perhaps to get certuficate) then a few weeks in there's rocks, stones, crumbling steps, vegetation growing over the steps and fricking wire and loose sleepers.

I have argued before if the Derry was where the press, directors and visitors had to come into the ground absolutely no way would it look like that.

Any ****e seems to get chucked to that side of the ground.

I cannot pass a comment on the South Enclosure (Derry) and the area behind it as I never sit there. Although there are no pillars in the way in the South Enclosure I sit in the Main Stand as I prefer to have a back on my seat.

Good post.

The Derry is the best place to watch the game.

Agree with everything you've posted maybe bar steps are "ok".

What I've found is they are ok for the opening game (perhaps to get certuficate) then a few weeks in there's rocks, stones, crumbling steps, vegetation growing over the steps and fricking wire and loose sleepers.

I have argued before if the Derry was where the press, directors and visitors had to come into the ground absolutely no way would it look like that.

Any ****e seems to get chucked to that side of the ground.
    I suggest that you contact the club to express your concerns about this part of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I suggest that you contact the club to express your concerns about this part of the ground.
    Islay I have.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)